Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Love Lucy In COLOR ??????????

Hi,

I read somewhere that in the 1980's, Ted Turner had epsisodes of I Love Lucy colorized ?? Someone said they watched them on TBS, they were aired only once, Can someone fill me in on this............. Are these going to be released on DVD, or boradcast again ??

email me

brad650wsm@yahoo.com

I don't think Ted Turner was ever able to colorize "I Love Lucy," since he does not own the rights to the show. Lucy and Desi's kids do. And I doubt that they would let it be colorized, since everyone loves it in black and white.

And besides, Turner didn't get very far with his idiotic "colorizing" of classics, since a lot of people including Woody Allen and Martin Scorsese criticized him for doing it.

I know that on the VHS set of the I Love Lucy episodes that came out in the late 80's early 90's had in the opening to each cassette, the Lucy theme song, sung by Ricky, and the different images to the episodes were colorized for that piece. Maybe that is what someone saw.

Yeah, I have the I Love Lucy Christmas DVD, in color, It has both the Color & B&W versions. The "L.A. At Last" episode was also colorized, but it has never been broadcast or released, and likely wont be. CBS no longer has the master tape that it was on.

I was just wondering that what this person said about seeing it in color on TBS is true or not.............

Brad could you tell me how to get that dvd with the colorized version and the b/w version i have tried on line and at amazon.com for awhile now with no results...

would appreciate any suggestion or response. lolite.

Hi,

Send an email to: comments@lucynet.com That is Gregg Oppenheimer's email, When I ordered mine in Jan. He still had some copies left, I'm sure he still does.

Thanks

Brad