Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

now available.

Having just gotten a new catalogue last nite with my Movies Unlimited order, I noticed some interesting things available along with things that so many have been kind enough here to alert people about...like the Joan and Betty collections, the Astaire & Rogers, the Duke, the Thin Man series, Garbo, et cetera. The following dvd's are all marked under the New Releases field, but some may have been out there a while.

My catalogue has "The Moon and Sixpence" [that great movie of the Maugham book with George Sanders as Gauguin], three films with Josephine Baker, "Georgy Girl" in widescreen, "Unfaithfully Yours" [one of the only Noirish comedies by Preston Sturges], the Lina Wertmuller collection including "Seven Beauties", "The Entity" [that sci-fi classic with Barbara Hershey], a great Film Noir collection with Lawrence Tierney in "Dillinger" and "Born to Kill" plus

"The Narrow Margin", "Clash by Night" and "Crossfire", the rerelease of Cronenberg's "Dead Ringers" but not in the OOP Criterion version, Bresson's profoundly moving "Au Hasard Balthazar", Sam Fuller's "House of Bamboo", Disney's "Toby Tyler" [with the second most famous child from the Corcoran family, Kevin], the Ealing Comedy collection, with the much adored "Whiskey Galore", a Ray Harryhausen's early years collection, with stop motion shorts, Louis Feuillade's "Les Vampires", and last but not least, a three disc set of episodes from the tv series, "This is Your Life" famous for causing stars to panic when they saw host Ralph Edwards approaching, and more famous for one honoree, Lowell Thomas who refused to be honored by Edwards and basically threw the show into chaos. This set has eighteen episodes including homages to Laurel and Hardy, Lou Costello, Jayne Mansfield, Roy Rogers, Milton Berle, Betty White, Bobby Darin, Boris Karloff and Vincent Price, which are sure to be memorable in spite of the somewhat saccharine comments of Ralph.

Some other fun things in the current catalogue from the boob tube pantheon, are Season 1, of the later color episodes of "Dragnet" with the always dead pan Jack Webb, and also Season 1 of "Bewitched" and "Wanted: Dead of Alive" with Steve, and "The Best of Peabody and Sherman" from the Jay Ward shows, and the boxed set of tv's "Naked City" which had many who later went on to Tinseltown fame in films.

I guess you could find any and all of these dvd's at many of your favorite discount stores, dvd spots online or major media outlets, besides finding them at Movies Unlimited.

Enjoy!