Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Searching for movie title

leadinglady123

There was a movie I saw last year that I loved and I cannot not find it. I remember it was around Christmas time and it was the story about a wealthy woman who was a single mom, I believe she was widowed. Alot of the movie takes place in her home, and I remember it was around Christmas because there was a christmas tree throughout the movie in her home. She of course meets a man and throughout the movie you wonder if they will get together. I remember a scene where she puts on a beautiful dress and is waiting for him to show. There was a sad tone to the film but it was honest, and in the end she gets together with this man. It was in color. I wish I could remember more specifics about it, do they have an archive that lists their schedules from prior years where I might find it?

sorry I can't help with leading lady's inquiry. I too am looking for title of a film. It was about a young woman from a well to do family that lived across from a poverty stricken courtyard. They were referred to, I believe as "Brittania Mews" The young woman ends up marrying a puppet maker. She believed he was destined to be a famous painter and abhors the puppets he 'plays' with.... The husband turns to drink and abuse. He dies an "accidental death" falling down the stairs whilst arguing with his young wife. The young woman then becomes successful putting on puppet shows with the puppets she so hated. She takes up with a lawyer (I believe) who pretends and takes on the name of her dead husband. Anyone know the title? I had it on VHS for years but lost it. Would love to find again. Much thanks :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings