Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gale Storm

lukerf

Recently watched the film "It Happened on 5th Avenue". In the scene when Gale Storm was in the music store, there is one record album cover that clearly shows the name "Oh Susanna". As the film was made about 9 years before her TV show with the same name, I was wondering whether this was a coincidence or was the scene in the movie doctored after the run of the TV show.

"Oh Susanna" was a famous old folk song from long ago, first issued as sheet music in 1848, and issued as records by different recording stars over the decades. It's sometimes used in old cowboy movies from the 30s and 40s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh!_Susanna

WARNING!! CAUTION!! The "n" word is used in this version:

Gale Storm. What a name! Straight out of the "Rip Torn" book of Hollywood psuedonyms.

And a good looking woman at that. During my first marriage, I came THIS close to taking on an affair with a woman who looked a lot like Gale.

Never happened though.

Sepiatone

Sepiatone, I completely understand your feelings about Gale Storm. She always came across as a likeable person, someone that I'd like to know in real life. And she always seemed to play nice people. Who wouldn't want to be friends with Margie Albright? And she could sing, too!

Terrence.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings