Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Forever Evil" (1987)

• 6 months later...

I've seen FOREVER EVIL . . . once.  It's not the worst horror movie I've ever seen, but it's close.  There was the trend that started in the early '80s to shoot low-budget horror movies on videotape and have them released straight to video.  I think 'FOREVER EVIL' was one of those SOV features; it sure looked like it was shot on video!  However, there's loads of other SOV garbage out there waiting to ruin one's evening that are just as bad or worse than FOREVER EVIL and its 'Yog Kothag' plot line.  Occasionally, one of these SOV monstrosities would somehow end up in theaters (see BOARDINGHOUSE). 

Many moons ago I bought a 'UNITED HOME VIDEO' release of "Forever Evil" cos the video box was quite eye-catching.  Had I known at the time it was a 'shot-on-video' movie I'd have passed on buying it, but I didn't and that's that.  I believe there's a DVD release out that's supposed to have 9 extra minutes of footage.  Like, wow, man that just grooves to a mentally deficient beat . . . 

Anyway, there are some prize knob-head video collectors who go Ga-Ga over this shot-on-video horror junk who will shell out sizeable piles of $cabbage$ to obtain an original VHS release.  I think they're nuts.  Apparently showing off their VHS collection of SOV garbage to their brain-dead hipster buddies is one their great pleasures in life.  Indeed.  :wacko:

► Here's some video swill guaranteed to pollute your VCR or DVD player should you decide to watch [of course, this being 2014 I reckon it's possible some of these alleged 'movies' could be downloaded so you can desecrate your Tv or computer screens].  There's enough bad 'filmed' horror movies out there to fill a grain silo, but some of these shot-on-video movies plumb new depths!  Yecch.   

---------------------------------------------

BOARDINGHOUSE (1982)  Perhaps the earliest SOV feature to be produced for the 'straight-to-video' market.  However, this did get a release in a few theaters.  God Only Knows why . . . If the guy in the white Speedo doesn't make you retch (he's the director of this masterpiece -and- he also plays the the deranged gardener.  How's that for multi-talented?) the early '80s computer graphics will make you chuckle!  I like the tagline:  "BOARDINGHOUSE . . . Where the Rent Won't Kill You, But Something Else Will!"   Pity the movie's so amateurish.   

► Here's more rancid viewing material if you're in the mood to fry your brain cells ◄

THINGS (1989) 

COPPERHEAD (1983)  Cool box art; bad movie.  What else is new?

RIPPER, The (1985)

NAIL GUN MASSACRE (Ugh!)

WOODCHIPPER MASSACRE

CANNIBAL CAMPOUT

'555'

TALES FROM THE QUADEAD ZONE (there's only 3 tales, btw)  > This piece of sludge used to be on YouTube in its entirety.  All 62 minutes of it. 

Watch out for movies released on 'Donna Michelle Video' and 'rae don video'.  The 1987 SOV epic failure 'ALIEN PRIVATE EYE' was released by 'rae don'. 

--------------------------------------------------

The 1986 shot-on-video movie 'SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE' wasn't too bad under the low-grade circumstances.  Was similar to 'HALLOWEEN'.  I bought a Warner Home Video tape of this years ago (again, not knowing it was an 'SOV' feature'.  Considering it was released on a major label I didn't even think it would be a 'shot-on-video' feature.  Live and learn . . . ).    

There's loads more amateurish SOV stuff that was released to video and DVD from the '80s and early '90s it's hard to keep track of it all.  Speaking of that, I believe there was a 1986 movie called 'BLOOD TRACKS', but I'm not actually sure if that one was filmed or video-graphed.  :P     

• Like 1

I do, too, but over the past few years I just limit it to low-budget horrors shot on film.  I cannot tell a Lie, joefilmone:  My patience has run out with SOV dreck. 

Here's a few low-budgeted horror movies I've watched the past couple years:  

DEATH BED:  The Bed That Eats (1972)

GODMONSTER OF INDIAN FLATS (1973)

CURSE OF DEATH (1966) (aka:  "Death Curse of Tartu")  Filmed in the Florida Everglades

DEVIL WALKS AT MIDNIGHT, The (1971)  There's 2 versions of this, btw

DOGS (1976)  (aka:  "Slaughter")

EVIL COME, EVIL GO (1972)  There's 2 versions of this movie, too

HORRIBLE SEXY VAMPIRE (1970)  

BLOOD FREAK (1972) > I had 2 copies of this movie on the old 'REGAL VIDEO' label in clamshell cases with insert artwork.  Traded 'em both.  I just couldn't bring myself to keep a copy; I knew I'd never watch it again.

HONEYMOON OF HORROR (1964)  More filmed-in-Florida low-budget mayhem.

THE NIGHT OF THE CAT (1973)  Must be seen to be disbelieved.  Wow.  It's not a horror movie, but I just had to include it. 

Of the movies I watched listed above, these 4 I bought from 'Something Weird Video':

EVIL COME, EVIL GO - uncut version

GODMONSTER OF INDIAN FLATS

HONEYMOON OF HORROR

THE NIGHT OF THE CAT

• Like 1

Did you know the 1980 fun-fest ALLIGATOR was released in 2 versions?  I didn't know until a couple years ago.  It seems the 1983 'CATALINA HOME VIDEO' release utilized a TV print of the movie.  The running was too short to fill a 2-hour time slot so there's extra scenes!  I honestly don't know if that was intentional on Catalina's part to release a television print of the movie, but they did.  They were only in business a year.  When 'ALLIGATOR' was re-released by Lightning Video circa 1985/86 it was the 'regular' [R]-rated theatrical print used.   

Someone kindly put those extra television scenes totalling over 8 minutes on YouTube, which is how I ran across them and then found out about that early video release.  I don't know what version is on the DVD of 'ALLIGATOR', but my guess would be the theatrical print.

There's really not much missing from the Catalina tape.  There are a couple of overdubs > When Robert Forster tells Robin Riker she 'has great T - I - T - S' in the Tv edition it's that she has "great eyes". 

Here's a few more movies:

NIGHT OF THE DEMONS (1987)  I bought this in the mid '90s from a video store sight unseen.  The front of the video box bragged it was the un-cut version so I took a chance and bought it.  I reckon I've watched it 4 times over the years.  Good for Halloween viewing since the movie takes place on Halloween night.  If you've not seen this yet, it's worth a watch or two. 

LITTLE WITCHES (1996)  Another movie I bought 'sight-unseen'.  The tape was on A-PIX ENTERTAINMENT and I'd never even heard of that label before so I wasn't expecting too much!  However, it's not too bad.  The acting is average at best, but it's an ok way to kill 85 minutes.

NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW (1995)  Worth 1 viewing.  It's a mean scarecrow on the loose!  Only real problem is an over-the-top hammy performance by the guy who plays the preacher.  But no worries:  He gets killed!       

This a reason I miss video rental store- one could stuble across some unknow horror film or direct to DVD production that was a a lot better ( or worse) than expected.

Isn't it easier to stuble around on the Internet to find some unknown film or DVD? 

It might be easier but not as much fun.

Yea,  that is true.   I use to love going to Tower Records on Sunset in Hollywood looking at CDs.   There is something different about being able to pick up and read CD covers instead of reading stuff off a computer screen. 

Yea,  that is true.   I use to love going to Tower Records on Sunset in Hollywood looking at CDs.   There is something different about being able to pick up and read CD covers instead of reading stuff off a computer screen. 

Exactly!  It's the feeling of discovery- the internet might have give us acess to more stuff but at the same time it's made us prisoners

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon the days of going to a brick-and-mortar store looking for goodies are pretty much gone.  Although being a video collector of sorts the Internet has given me access to finding PAL tapes from overseas that would have never appeared in an American store.   

I reckon the days of going to a brick-and-mortar store looking for goodies are pretty much gone.  Although being a video collector of sorts the Internet has given me access to finding PAL tapes from overseas that would have never appeared in an American store.   

Well as Joefilmone and I have been saying there are thinks we miss about the brick-and-mortar store days and things that are better as it relates to using the Internet.

I collected Jazz CD and there were CD releases of 'classic' 50s recording that were not available in the USA in the 80s and 90s.  These releases were by companines in Japan or France were there were more fans of this American music than in the USA.    Before the Internet getting these CDs was a real pain.   Most of the French ones I purchaced while on vacation in France.   (my wife was cool about me spending a few hours in brick-and-mortar stores in Paris back in the 90s).     

With the Internet these recordings are available and easy to purchase.   (but since the info about a recording is often space on the Internet one still needs to do one's research before purchasing).

The internet has given us a faster and easier approach to classic and obscure films -  and you can always find a clip ( or the entire movie) on you tube.    I recently visited an enourmous Best Buy - the place was practically deserted and the DVD section was tiny.

The internet has given us a faster and easier approach to classic and obscure films -  and you can always find a clip ( or the entire movie) on you tube.    I recently visited an enourmous Best Buy - the place was practically deserted and the DVD section was tiny.