Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sarah Marshall (1933-2014)

jakeem

Wow! It's already a tough year for actors who appeared in some of my favorite "Twilight Zone" episodes. First, Russell Johnson dies. And now the lovely Miss Marshall, who was in "Little Girl Lost." That's the 1962 episode -- written by the great Richard Matheson, who died last year -- in which a child (Tracy Stratford) falls through an opening in her bedroom wall and winds up in another dimension. Marshall played her mother.

I knew she was the daughter of British actor Herbert Marshall, but I did not know until now that Edna Best, who starred in Alfred Hitchcock's original version of "The Man Who Knew Too Much," was her mother.

Sarah Marshall was so good as a Southern belle in "The Long, Hot Summer," the 1958 Paul Newman-Joanne Woodward film based on stories by William Faulkner, most moviegoers probably didn't know she was British.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/arts/television/sarah-marshall-actress-in-twilight-zone-and-star-trek-dies-at-80.html?ref=obituaries

I have to be honest, I had to look Sarah Marshall up to see who she was and what she appeared in. As often happens, when you see a picture or two you remember, and realize who she was. She did a lot of tv , never realized who her parents were. She was good in *The Long Hot Summer* although I am always looking at Lee Remick ;)

Sarah was a pretty thing. I remember her mostly from her roles on

a number of episodes of Alfred Hitchcock. She usually played an

eccentric or fairly clueless woman. She probably did a lot of other

TV shows of the era. Barbara Baxley was another nice looker who

was in a number of Hitch's TV shows, though she played a different

character type than Marshall. They were both fun to watch. R.I.P.