Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Philipp Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

sfpcc2

I definitely wasn't expecting this. From multiple news sources, it sounds like he may have been found with a needle in his arm, so Philip Seymour Hoffman may have had some demons in his life that finally beat him. Stupid drugs. Such a waste. He was a great actor, I always enjoyed seeing him in films.

I loved him in "Pirate Radio," "Capote," and "Almost Famous."

Yes, I am quite human! He had his whole life ahead of him and had to know better. Why do drugs in the first place?

Are you suggesting someone put a gun to his head and made him place the needle in his arm? People need to start taking responsibility for their actions. Yes I agree about the loss, ANY loss due to drugs.

Edited by: hamradio on Feb 2, 2014 7:24 PM

The grace of God really has nothing to do with this. This man , at 46 no young naive kid, was doing some high risk activity and it caught up with him. A sad result yes, but even sadder is that others will continue to do the same things and some will meet the same end.

Maybe it would be good if we could just, at least for now, since the news of this fine actor's untimely death just came out today, refrain from judgments and asides and our own personal ideas on the destructive nature of drugs, etc.,

and just concentrate on how sad it is that we've lost a major acting talent.

I was absolutely shocked when I heard of Philip Seymour Hoffman's death today. And I am surprised at myself, at how sad I am about it.

This actor was exceptionally talented and versatile. Every role I ever saw him in, I felt he was the character he was playing.

My favourite Philip Seymour Hoffman movie is probably *Doubt*, but he was good in everything he was in, and offhand I cannot think of one film he was in that I did not like.

While I can have sympathy for his family, he indulged in a habit

that leads to doom.

There are so many more problems honest hard workin' ordinary

folks are facin' in their day to day lives without revertin' to drugs.

I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Jake In the Heartland

If you're not a Philip Seymour Hoffman fan, why not just refrain from posting on this thread?

It seems unnecessarily disrespectful to post "yawn" on a thread about this actor's death.

So you didn't like his work (I have to assume) and don't care that he died today. Fine, just ignore the thread about him.

I hate it when people post "yawn" on the internet. It says nothing at all worth giving a second's thought to, not even anything negative. It's just stupid, rude, and pointless.

But to respond any further to your (uncharacteristic) rudeness here would be for me to contribute to the disrespect for Mr. Hoffman.

Great actor. He will be missed.

Does anyone know if he had completed any unreleased films?

I saw a film he directed called Jack Goes Boating. It was good if you like IFC / Indieplex type films, (not everybody does.) His best work was I thought were in the movies he made with Paul Thomas Anderson, (Boogie Nights, Magnolia, The Master.)

He had completed one part of a Hunger Games spin off Mockingjay (I think a spin off) and was working on part two. Sorry, I haven't seen the other movies or read the books, so I'm not exactly sure how where Mockingjay fits in.

I found this information on imdb.

I first took notice of him in MAGNOLIA and was surprised to see he was from the next town over from where I grew up. We're close enough in age, we probably bumped into each other around town.

I then spotted him in a small part in THE BIG LEBOWSKI and was bowled over by his depiction of Truman Capote. I was so proud for this home town boy of his performances & talent. Truly a standout.

What could have been so awful about his life that he would throw it all away?

He had already been in rehab, he knew he was playing with fire.

He owed it to his kids to have a Daddy.

And who knows where his talent could have taken us in film?

The very definition of the word DOPE.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings