Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Sound With Silents

Im4movies2

How do you most enjoy watching silent films? With: 1)solo piano 2)small jazzy quartet 3) grand theatre organ 4) full orchestra. Do you mind the added sound effects particularly with comedies with assorted honks, squawks. whistles etc.? Lastly, who is your favorite music orchestrator for silents. i.e. like Carl Davis?

• 7 months later...

i don't mind some muscial or sound effect accompaniments to scenes and acts that really requires one.

but for the most part, the constant, non-stop musical background (especially the piano) completely irritates me; hence, whenever i watch silents, the sound is muted.

How do you most enjoy watching silent films? With: 1)solo piano 2)small jazzy quartet 3) grand theatre organ 4) full orchestra. Do you mind the added sound effects particularly with comedies with assorted honks, squawks. whistles etc.? Lastly, who is your favorite music orchestrator for silents. i.e. like Carl Davis?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings