Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ERROL23

Things You Can Do In The Movies,But cant Do In Real Life.

I don't think Crystal fell for Hef, just his money, or what's left of it.

In the 1934 movie "Happiness Ahead" Dick Powell's character unknowingly kisses Josephine Hutchinson's character as they usher in the New Year at a darken Chinese restaurant.  This can only happen in the movies.  If a man tried or succeeded in trying to kiss a woman he did not not know in the dark and the lights came back on in the restaurant, I guarantee you she would slap the fire out of his face and/or spew some bad words in his direction.  Then again with the lack of civility and social skills in our culture today as soon as the woman slapped his face the man would probably slap her face.  

Referring to "Colombiana" (2011), having someone standing outside a school, emptying a gun into a passing car causing it to crash and creating chaos.  NOT a single person points out the shooter even though it's a busy downtown area. To top it off, he doesn't even flee.

In the 1934 movie "Happiness Ahead" Dick Powell's character unknowingly kisses Josephine Hutchinson's character as they usher in the New Year at a darken Chinese restaurant.  This can only happen in the movies.  If a man tried or succeeded in trying to kiss a woman he did not not know in the dark and the lights came back on in the restaurant, I guarantee you she would slap the fire out of his face and/or spew some bad words in his direction.  Then again with the lack of civility and social skills in our culture today as soon as the woman slapped his face the man would probably slap her face.  

Now Tom, wouldn't that all depend upon how attractive said woman would find said man after the lights came back on?

Saaaaay, kinda like this scene here?!...

;)

I always had kind of a crush on that lady, Darg. 

Sepiatone

She kind of reminds me of Dorothy Provine.

In any Tammy movie she always gets a job.Not ba for a gal born and brought up on the river with little education.

You can chain smoke in a 10 x 10 room with no windows and not have the room fill with smoke. 

It's always interesting in Westerns how everyone is so clean. The women's hair is always perfectly coiffed and the men always seem to have the latest contemporary hair styles (contemporary to the time the film was made) all perfectly styled. Clothes are always clean, no holes or stains. Everyone has beautiful teeth, despite how much tobacco chewing and general lack of hygiene there probably was during the settlement of the West.

That's always been a pet peeve of mine, especially with TV westerns. Look at just about any episode of WAGON TRAIN and not only is everyone clean but also wearing clothes with the creases still in them. The historical facts are that folks on wagon trains often didn't bath or wash thier clothes for weeks at a time and when they did they certainly didn't pull out an ironing board and press those duds.

That's always been a pet peeve of mine, especially with TV westerns. Look at just about any episode of WAGON TRAIN and not only is everyone clean but also wearing clothes with the creases still in them. The historical facts are that folks on wagon trains often didn't bath or wash thier clothes for weeks at a time and when they did they certainly didn't pull out an ironing board and press those duds.

Was there any Western town that had more than a one-block business district, with a general store, a saloon, and a hotel?