Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help! Saw this movie on TCM years ago...

kingal86

Several years ago, I saw an interesting movie on TCM...and can't remember the title.

As I recall, it was about a single pregnant girl. The movie is b/w, perhaps 30s-40s.

She may have been in a hospital, as there was a row of beds and other girls there. She seemed to be unsure of her life/future.

Thought she met someone, then raised the child as his own...?

When I first saw this movie, I discovered a few other excellent films around the same time. Such as 'Seventh Heaven' and 'Bachelor Mother'.

May have seen it on a day when TCM had a marathon of 'mother' movies. ?

I've noticed that in my search, there are many movies from that era with similar themes...but still not found that movie I'd seen yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

:)

I'd guess [*Life Begins*|http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023139/reference], in which Loretta Young plays an expectant mother in a "lying-in" hospital who's also a prisoner; the father of the child ends up taking custody at the end. There's a whole ward of patients, including a boozing Glenda Farrell who is in my opinion the highlight of the movie.

Thanks much!! :)

'Life Begins' is not it either...but after reading the synopsis and watching a couple clips of the movie, it helped me remember more of the movie that I'm seeking.

The girl was young, poor, and had dark hair. She was pregnant, not married. Then she met someone while pregnant, think he wanted to marry her. She stayed in a hospital or home for pregnant girls. Also struggled with decisions about the baby. Seems the movie had a serious tone overall, more of a Drama.

I can picture some scenes in my head, just trying to piece it all together.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings