Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE MUSIC THAT ACCOMPANIES TCM REMEMBERS

TheVortex

Dear Film and Art Friends,

Does anyone know the name of the haunting and sad music that accompanies TCM REMEMBERS,such as Eleanor Parker,Joan Fontaine and whomever else should pass away,such as Shirley Temple. Specifically,it opens up on a car's windshield while it is raining before it shows us in sepia colour the said deceased film thespian. Who performs it and can it be obtained? Is it only for Turner classic Movies or is it on a compact disk album of a musician?

The Vortex

Edited by: TheVortex on Feb 13, 2014 4:21 PM

Dear Slaytonf,

I had a feeling that this was the case,self-composed music by and for Turner Classic Movies. Perhaps it may be available. It is certainly perfect but painful for the occasion ; it lingers on within one's heart at the loss of a great film artist.

God Bless,

The Vortex

TCM, like many other companies, licenses music from music libraries.

Outside of the year end memorial or the occasional promo that features popular songs by artists (I think the most recent example of that was the Jean Harlow promo last year), the majority of the music comes from the music library (ies) that TCM has a license(s) with.

Dear Izcutter,

Thank you for contributing to my investigation. Most interesting what you say about Music Libraries. Now I must find which music library Turner Classic Movies has the license with for the music I'm inquiring about. You make me wonder how much music there is out there that we never hear and how many artists are unfulfilled in more ways than one.

God Bless,

The Vortex

Edited by: TheVortex on Feb 14, 2014 10:17 AM