Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ralph Waite Dead at 85

BeverlyBuzzby

On the long-running serial Days of Our Lives he played the recurring character of Father Matt from 2009-2013. His last appearance was back on December 16th. It is his final on-screen credit. I wonder if they will mention his death on the program, or if the character will simply be dropped.

He appeared on the January 24, 2014 episode that is still available on Hulu. Days tapes four months in advance so he could be again, and they wouldn't address his death until June or later. They've already been introducing some new priests to take his place: maybe he was in all the scripts and his health didn't permit him to appear.

>He appeared on the January 24, 2014 episode that is still available on Hulu. Days tapes four months in advance so he could be again, and they wouldn't address his death until June or later. They've already been introducing some new priests to take his place: maybe he was in all the scripts and his health didn't permit him to appear.

Thanks for the correction. On TV.com he is credited for the January 23rd episode, #12259. I guess we will have to wait and see if he appears in any more broadcasts of the soap.

His last appearance on NCIS aired back in November.

I always really liked Ralph Waite. Had he acted in the during the Golden Age he would have been one of those fabulous character actors who was never idle.

He really led a fascinating life. Check out his obit in the NY Times.

Lydecker

Believe it or not, I never watched "The Waltons". Never saw an entire episode. Know it mostly through the jokes( "Good night, John Boy").

Even though, I knew of or about many of the cast members somehow. Will Geer. Ellen Corby. Richard Thomas and Michael Learned.

And of course, Ralph Waite. When the Waltons went off, I'd notice him around in various other things. Always SEEMED like a pretty easy going, nice guy, and it looks like he WAS by most accounts.

I know he's in good company, at least. RIP, Ralph.

Sepiatone

On the long-running serial Days of Our Lives he played the recurring character of Father Matt from 2009-2013. His last appearance was back on December 16th. It is his final on-screen credit. I wonder if they will mention his death on the program, or if the character will simply be dropped.

Before SOAPNET went off the air recently I would sometimes catch DAYS OF OUR LIVES in the evening. When I stopped watching the storyline about the "Father Eric" sex video scandal (he was drugged and framed by Kristen DiMera) was on the front burner. Ralph Waite as Father Matt was part of that storyline. I don't know how that story was resolved.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings