Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Filmgoddess

Shirley Temple is gone

That was fast. It's a Sunday too, so that helps. They are showing a few of her earlier films, that's good!

here's schedule for 3-9 tribute: http://www.tcm.com/this-month/movie-news.html?id=954728&name=March-Schedule-Change-for-Shirley-Temple-Tribute

4:30 PM Heidi (1937)

6:15 PM Stowaway (1936)

8:00 PM Bright Eyes (1934)

9:30 PM The Little Princess (1939)

11:15 PM I'll Be Seeing You (1944)

12:45 AM The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer (1947)

2:30 AM A Kiss For Corliss (1949)

4:15 AM That Hagen Girl (1947)

R.I.P.

I hope tmc will show her movies, a days tribute will be worth watching..

Thanks for the memories..

On the Good Ship Lollipop..

These films have been pulled off the schedule on March 9th to make way for the Shirley Temple Memorial Tribute:

IF IT'S TUESDAY THIS MUST BE BELGIUM

SPELLBOUND

AND THEN THERE WERE NONE

EVIL UNDER THE SUN

COSSACKS

NINE DAYS OF ONE YEAR

PANIC IN YEAR ZERO

Too bad about the Christie films. Hopefully they'll be rescheduled...

I figured TCM would not bump anything from 31 Days of Oscar.

Although -- sigh -- I've looked forward for a while to seeing "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium" with Suzanne Pleshette and several enjoyable supporting players...

But for a Shirley Temple tribute I can certainly wait!

*AND THEN THERE WERE NONE*

Glad that this was the only TCM premiere that got bounced in order to Make Way For Shirley. It could have been worse, and at least it's not pre-empting the entire day.

>AND THEN THERE WERE NONE Glad that this was the only TCM premiere that got bounced in order to Make Way For Shirley.

No, COSSACKS (1928) was (would have been) a TCM premiere, and a highlight of the month for many. I know a LOT of people who are going to be upset this one has been bounced.

As you know from my own thread about THE COSSACKS cancellation, musicalnovelty, I couldn't agree with you more about the poor decision making of TCM programmers regarding the day selected.

*Panic In Year Zero* is a good movie they are also canceling but can wait for another day, sorry to hear of her passing.

RIP Shirley Temple. Another piece of Classic Hollywood gone. I'll admit, I haven't seen many of her films; but I do appreciate her place in Hollywood history and American history. She was one of the few bright lights that America had to help them escape from the Great Depression for just a couple hours. She is America's greatest child star and grew up to be a respectable and admirable woman.

Maybe I'll watch The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer tonight (It's the only Temple film I have) in her memory.

I am the penultimate cynic but must admit a very soft spot for Shirley Temple. What a life well lived.

Lydecker

Jackie Cooper is dead, Mickey is 95 or so, Dick Moore is not doing well, according to Jane Powell. Margaret O'Brien is doing well and is supposed to be at the TCM Film Festival.

I saw Mickey Rooney last week on the final "Tonight Show with Jay Leno" sitting in the audience.as a surprise guest. He seems to look very well considering his age. :)