Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM REMEMBERS

TheVortex

Dear Film and Art Friends,

Does anyone know the name of the haunting and sad music that accompanies TCM REMEMBERS,such as Eleanor Parker,Joan Fontaine and whomever else should pass away,such as Shirley Temple. Specifically,it opens up on a car's windshield while it is raining before it shows us in sepia colour the said deceased film thespian. Who performs it and can it be obtained? Is it only for Turner classic Movies or is it on a compact disk album of a musician?

The Vortex

Dear Keats9264,

You are correct that the answer should come from Turner Classic Movies. I have attempted to delete this thread because I put up a new one which title is more accurate,upon which Slaytonf responded that Turner Classic Movies has it composed for them and Izcutter further notifies it comes from a music library which Turner classic Movies has a license with. This obviously is not the same with the year end music which accompanies all who've passed for that music comes from recording artists. Nevertheless,you haven't offended me with your opinion of the music ; it is very depressing and the production conveys quite a tragic and sad event with a lingering effect that one must not give into. But I do consider it clever and excellent

God Bless,

Eric

Dear Keats9264,

If you read the entire sentence I am not definitively saying depressing only. I state sadness and tragedy and further on clever and excellent. When a great artist,which I consider Misses Eleanor Parker to have been,passes away,there is a moment of depression for there is a great loss of a film actress which American popular culture has simply forgotten and doesn't recognize. I do not know what you mean by objecting to my usage of the word depressing when you composed previously that it was depressing. I even told you that you haven't offended me with your opinion of the film memorial which I do not consider poorly done as you express in different words.

God Bless,

The Vortex

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings