Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
twister

Vic Morrow

Just read that Vic Morrow would have been 85 years old today. Can't believe that. He was a great actor. I still watch re-runs of Combat television show. Do you have any favorite movies or tv appearances that Vic Morrow made?

Morrow vividly played a high school punk opposing Glen Ford in THE BLACKBOARD JUNGLE. Pretty good movie IMO.

You beat me to it, rover! I agree. He was fabulous in that role; he was very underrated, imho. And his daughter not only inherited his looks, she inherited his tremendous talent. And she too, is underrated......................

> Morrow vividly played a high school punk opposing Glen Ford in THE BLACKBOARD JUNGLE. Pretty good movie IMO.

He played a similar role in KING CREOLE. His opposite portrayal in GOD'S LITTLE ACRE showed he shouldn't be typecast. He was a really fine performer who lives on thanks to film.

I don't think it would be out of line to wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sepiatone

He'll be remembered for Jungle and Combat, but was always a memorable presence onscreen. Got a rare chance to show his lighter side in The Bad News Bears.

Love the show COMBAT. I saw on youtube the only interview Vic Morrow ever did. It was from back in the 1960's. Great video. He seemed like a quiet, very nice man. I like the vintage stuff you can see on youtube.

My personal favorite Vic Morrow film was the little-seen "Portrait of a Mobster" in which he played the legendary gangster Dutch Schultz. He also made a great war picture that was aired not too long ago called "Men In War". He was a great character actor. Always was one of my favorites.

I don't know why they don't. I don't think they ever have. On the DVD, I recently contacted Warner Archive inquiring about the DVD release and they said something about "clearance issues" precluding its release. I hope it's resolved soon, it's a great picture.

When is TCM going to show Portrait of a Mobster?  It is one of the few Vic Morrow films I've not seen yet.   Great actor.  Wish TCM would showcase his films a bit more.