Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clearly I've Missed Something

misswonderly3

Hey people;

Anyone know, what's the story on the altered TCM schedule page? Until very recently, the genre of the film would appear beside its title (to the left).

Now all it says, for everything, is "TCM Presents".

I thought maybe it had something to do with Oscar month, so I skipped ahead to March, just to see. But that month, too, has "TCM Presents" instead of the film's genre.

Now, we all know there's a lot of room for disagreement as to what genre a movie could fit into. Still, in general, the TCM schedule site was more or less correct, certainly not misleading. I kind of liked it, plus, unless I'm mistaken, it would show the graphic indicating what kind of genre, too.(like a Dick Tracy looking sillouette for "crime", for example.)

When did they make this change in the schedule format, and why?

(I realize that life will go on whether they say what genre the film is or not. Just was wondering.)

I'm 99% sure that this just happened today or yesterday, because I was looking at the April schedule for a good hour just on Wednesday and never noticed the change.

And I sure hope it's only a temporary glitch, since a movie's genre is one of the first things I look for when I'm quickly scanning down a page, before I even get to the synopsis or the actors.

I think the poster who suggested that the techs are working behind the scenes on the website is probably on the money.

Someone messed up the code and it being a holiday weekend it may not get fixed until next week.

I doubt it is a permanent modification.

Holiday weekend? It's a holiday weekend in Ontario...the third Monday in February is a holiday (entitled "Family Day", an idiotic name for it).

And I believe some other Canadian provinces also have this time designated as a holiday Monday.

What is the special holiday in the States?

Monday is President's Day. In honor of Abraham Lincoln and George Washington's birthdays. For some, like state offices and schools have days off. My work, for example, has President's Day as a paid holiday, but our customer does not, so we're working.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings