Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

help

Guest gonzalez, elizabeth

Guest gonzalez, elizabeth

please help me figure out the name of a movie. back in the 70's i saw movie on tv where a brother and sister go stay with a family. it seems like they were in another country and there was a very rebellious daughter living there. well, soon the rebellious girl is getting the sister in trouble and she convinces the sister to go on a hunger strike against the parents....in the meantime, the rebellious girl is "hookin~up" with the brother and they are sneaking around. then the sister finds out that the rebellious girl HAS been eating, and hanging out with the brother AND has stolen her money. i remember one line from the movie where the sister is crying and saying, "you stole my peso money." does this cryptic paragraph ring any bells for anyone?

Looking for the title or an old, Christmas movie. Story is about family of freeloaders, people that use a rich familys estate in the East, to spend Christmas in, while the owners spend Christmas in their west coast estate, unknown to the owners. This trip they befriend a guy (they assume he is also homeless)and allow him to join them at the Estate. Anyway This Guy falls in love with the daughter of the freeloaders, and all ends happily when the guy turns out to be the son of the rich people. Can any one help? haven't seen it since I was kid

Guest Martinez, Rob

The movie where Sinatra sings "High Hopes" is "A Hole In The Head" (1959). FYI, the song was never pre-recorded. Both Sinatra and Eddie Hodges, who played his son in the movie, sang the song live while the cameras rolled!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Thomas, Mary

A few years ago I saw this movie, I think it was called Wait Until Tomorrow, with Buelah Bondi. It was about an elderly married couple who were being separated from each other by their selfish children who didn't want to have anything to do with them. It was the biggest tear-jerker movie I have ever seen, and I LOVED it. However, I've been searching the movie listings hoping to see it again, but to no avail. Has anybody else out there seen this movie? Does anybody out there know how I can find it either on video or somewhere else? I'm not even sure that that's the correct movie title, but it's something like that. I would appreciate any information. Thank you

Guest Nascimento, Daniel

The correct name of this film is Make Way for Tommorow (1937)and was directed by Leo Mcarey (Going My Way). It's a Paramount film which means I probably saw it on AMC which I no longer view because of their policy to break up films with commercials. Unfortunately, AMC may be your only hope to see this film again, unless TCM has a Beulah Bondi or Victor Moore (her co-star) film festival. MWFT is not on VHS or DVD. It should be because it is a neglected gem of a film. Hope this helps.

Guest Young, D.J.

There was a question about the title of North by Northwest. Mr. Thorn hill goes north by northwest airlines. Could it be that the answer is that simple. By-the-way, really enjoyed your tribute to the recently deceased stars-very well done. Thanks.

Guest Ross, Scott

"Make Way for Tomorrow" is one of the most devastating movies I've ever seen. (When Leo McCarey won his Oscar that year for "The Awful Truth" he offered his thanks and then said, "But you gave it to me for the wrong picture.") The overwhelming emotion of the final scene and the incredible stoicism with which Beulah Bondi moves into her uncertain future were so powerful it was all I could do to grab a tissue before I soaked my shirt with tears. (And why didn't she get an Academy Award?) I suspect the movie is not well known because films about the pain of aging are considered "depressing" and are never popular, at least in America. Few movies on the subject, even of more recent vintage, can match the effect of this little gem. Just have a crying towel handy.

Guest Lover, Ferret

Does anyone know where I might get a hold of PENNIES FROM HEAVEN with Big Crosby? I saw it once back in the 70's on a small PHS station and have been unable to locate it since. It doesn't appear to be a TCM property. Any help would be welcomed! Ferret Lover

Guest son, jery

Courtney, Gone With the Wind was released in two parts and that's the way it's been presented ever since l939. However, David O. Selznick had to cut nearly two hours of footage. This included an alternate ending showing Scarlett O'Hara actually walking up the drive to Tara and then turning to face the cameras. Several other big scenes were also deleted: Scarlett and her sisters arguing, Belle Watling giving water to the prisoners, Rhett Butler and Ashley on trial for the murders for the would-be rapists of Scarlet and perhaps the biggest scene, Scarlett and Melanie on the steps of Tara, facing the Yankee Army that's returned to burn down Tara. No one knows whatever happened to all this missing footage.

Guest D., Carol

Does anyone know where I can find the movie "the Blue Veil", made in 1951 and starring Jane Wyman as a widow who spends her life taking care of other peoples children? I saw it once on tv and it was never shown again. If anyone knows where I can get a copy of this film please email me. Thank You!

Guest Thomas, Mary

I want to thank both of you for the information on Make Way for Tomorrow. I thought I was the only one in the world who saw it. When I saw that movie about five years ago, it was one month after my mother died. The movie came on at 7 a.m., and let me tell ya, I cried all day. When my husband came home from work that night I was telling him about this movie and burst into tears just talking about it. If you hear that they're going to show it somewhere, would you please let me know. I have to video tape it. Thank you again.

Guest Samples, Mark

HELP!!! On January 19th the Michael Caine war movie "Play Dirty" was shown and I missed about half of it (not to mention not being able to tape it). I've attempted to contact TCM about showing it again or if there is a video source where it can be aquired but we've never received a response. Does anyone on earth have a source for this video?

Guest Hall, Amanda

I'm am a 20 year old who looooves old movies. I watched a movie about 2 years ago that was strange but caught my interest. It was about an old woman who lived in her large house alone. She used an elevator to transport up and down her house. Anyway, somehow she gets stuck in it and vandals come in and harass her. It is a strange one, but it is killing me not to remember the name of it. Can anyone help?

Guest Dimeo, Nick

Hi Amanda, The movie you are thinking of is Lady in a Cage. It starred Olivia d'Haviland (still very pretty), Ann Southern (very heavy), and the head vandal was played by James Caan a few years before The Godfather. Interesting enough I read last week that this movie was being played on AMC this month, it's been years since I last saw it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dplantlady2

Help please with source of "Birth of a Nation". Anyone know where I might get a copy of this silent,B&W classic? Thankx-please email me if u can help!

Guest eley, brie

does anyone remember the series "the art of the con"? it was hosted by magician extrordiane RICKY JAY. if you do remember it, what were some of the movies that he introduced?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gilda

besides the footage there was a seqal to "gone with the wind" called "scarlet" I think it was a tv movie and didn't get much publicity but I thought it was fairly good. guess who has another baby girl. and guess who daddy was. the ending was great. if I find out how to get it tell me please

Guest Laurie

A couple of years ago, I saw a movie about three cowboys who helped deliver a baby in a wagon. The mother died and made them promise to get the baby to the father. The movie was about their travels with the baby and one-by-one, they die. The last man drinks poison water and gets the baby to a church, which is celebrating Christmas. I think the movie title had the word "Hell" in it, but I am not positive. Please help!