Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Close Captioning

Puddymouse

While watching the wonderful movies, my question is: Why doesn't the close caption coordinate with what is actually being said during the movies? My husband's hearing isn't the best and he depends on the close captioning for his movie enjoyment.

PLEASE REPAIR THE CLOSE CAPTIONING!!!!

• 1 year later...

I have noticed the closed captioning is very poor on some movies.  It looks like a child wrote it.  In one scene, the word "honorable" was used seven times, all seven times it was misspelled and each time was different than the other. One time it was just h.  The move was: The Strange One. But I see this in about 1/3 of the movies I watch.  This only happens on the TCM channel.

If TCM does not control this, then they should at least be aware of it and demand a better quality from the distributor. .  

If TCM does not control this, then they should at least be aware of it and demand a better quality from the distributor. .  

I agree. TCM does have control over which films it airs and where it gets them. Looking at the quality of the closed-captioning is something they should do on behalf of viewers who depend on these features. Otherwise, it suggests anything goes on this channel-- and ultimately that makes TCM look bad.

I have to add this close captioning gem from Being There which aired yesterday 11/23/2015

"In a garden growth has its seasons.  First comes spri and summer.  But th comes Fall and Winter, en we get Spring and suer again."

I feel TCM should not accept such sloppy work.  I know of no other channel where this level of service is accepted.

• Like 1