Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Programming Challenge #25

LonesomePolecat

As winner of the previous Programming Challenge, I am therefore in charge of the next one. (The only downside to winning--I don't get to write a schedule next time, alas.) I was wondering what everyone would think of starting the next challenge on March 1st (this Saturday), with it ending on March 31st and voting beginning April 1st. Is that too soon for y'all? If so, I'll wait, but let me know!

I am sorry to say that I can offer no useful advice because I am much like a child in a candy store in that I want all at once and I yet dread it coming because it means I must think and I will never be ready to do that. ;)

I do hope that you have turned your delightfully wicked mind to creating an appropriately fiendish Challenge!

You'll get more detail this Saturday, but basically the TCM Programming Challenge is where you get to write your own week-long schedule as if you were a TCM programmer. So you get to pick the Essential, the Star of the Month, programming themes, birthdays, etc. Each challenge also has a certain theme you have to work into the schedule too. For example, last time we had to do something about America, so someone did films about American immigrants, I did a salute to the national parks, someone else looked at politics, etc. Then we all vote on a winner. This isn't sponsored by TCM -- just something we do for fun-- but the TCM programmers read the schedules and often steal our ideas. The best way to request a movie is to schedule it as a premiere. Hope you'll join us this time.

LP, you put me to shame. I waited five or six months, I think, before posting #24, and as a result received some gentle admonishment messages! I look forward to your offering. I'm off to London Thursday morning and will peruse your handiwork over the weekend. Not sure I have the energy to participate, though, except this time as a voter!

We did have some great schedules for #24!

Yikes! And I thought I was going to have a leisurely 4-5 months to get my act together though I will admit I did come up with several concepts for

my schedule already. Good thing.

What time frame should this schedule be operating in? 2014 again or can

we move into 2015?

Lydecker

I suppose it doesn't hurt to say that I am going to do May 2014 til May 2015 (I try to go into unscheduled territory).

Two days til the big announcement in a brand new shiny thread. Then you get to find out what I'm going to make you do.

Here's a hint that won't help you at all: "We had faces!"

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings