Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Interview with 104 y/o Actress Carla Laemmle

antoniacarlotta

Hey! I'm Antonia Carlotta, and my great-uncle was Carl Laemmle, who founded Universal Studios. I started a web series all about Universal history and my family, and for my latest episode I interviewed my Aunt Carla who appeared in countless classic films, including Dracula and Phantom of the Opera. Would love if you watched and shared with any other classic film/horror film buffs.

Thanks very much, Antonio, for allowing us to view your interview with your Aunt Carla.

It's not every day that one has the opportunity to hear anecdotes from a lady who has seen such legends as Chaney and Lugosi, as well as be a participant in two of the most famous films in Universal's early history.

The next time I watch Dracula and see those frightened coach passengers travelling through the Borgo Pass, I will think of this interview and that lovely lady and dancer whose enthusiasm for life remains still undiminished after all these years.

Best wishes to you, Antonio, with your web series about Universal and your own family history.

That was a sweet interview..what a lovely lady & so nice of you to share your interview. I always love hearing about the history of the pictures...and, your aunt was there in the beginning and related to the studio founder! Cool.

I remember in the early '80s talking with an elderly neighbor of my sister's who started telling me about the time she did some bit acting in the movies and hung out at the lunch table with DW Griffith back in the silent era...she said she had beautiful long blue-black hair...and when she grabbed Griffith's cigar to see what it was all about and then started coughing, he roared with laughter. Wish I could remember her name now.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings