Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE BREAKDOWNS OF 1941

Did anybody see this ? funny stuff. I've never seen so many old actors cussing before. Bogart was the most serious. A lot of Hollywood stars took their work seriously. Thinking about it, I can imagine what they all went through. They had to go to bed early and come to the studio at like 4am for make up and all that. Plus they had to study their lines. It takes lots of work to act in movies. And time is money. You can't mess around. It's hard , serious work. It's a stressful job. But rewarding at the end(for some) who like seeing themselves on the big screen.

I've heard working for John Ford was Hell. I can only imagine what those who worked with for him went through.

Edited by: classiccinemafan on Mar 7, 2014 1:01 AM

I think you made some good points here, ccf. However, regarding this thought of yours..,

>But rewarding at the end(for some) who like seeing themselves on the big screen.

...I can't tell you how many times I've watched an interview of some big name stars on some talk show who has stated something to the effect that they can't stand watching themselves in the rushes or even within the finished product.

And so, I wonder how many would truly fall into that category you mentioned?

Jerry wanted to have TOTAL control of the film making, produce, direct, act, I think Jerry may have even swept the floors at the end of the day. :D From things I have read or heard, many actors were very self conscious about watching the dailies, some like Henry Fonda, often never watched the completed films they were in.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings