Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

METV

Hello Finance!

MeTV used to be channel number 246 in my Comcast package. It has been moved to 223, (Tonight they are showing the vintage horror classic *The Raven (1935) with Bela Lugosi*. They are fond of those black and white horror classics from the 1930's. Good for them!)

Comcast's channel number assignment may vary throughout the country- TCM is number 501 in my area. If 223 doesn't work for you, then you can try 2 things:

Use the orange "*Guide*" button on your remote and scroll through the channel listings. It's likely to be somewhere above the number 100, perhaps in the 200 range.

Google "Comcast channel listings" and you will find their webpage that lists the channel lineup in your area.

speakthelma.gif

Finance, I live in your area (Reading). I do have a different cable company (Not Comcast) so my channels don't relate to yours. Channel 69 out of Allentown was the source of METV and several other channels for this region but they lost the deal for METV. Another station KJWP out of Wilmington is picking up the METV deal, try Comcast channel 2, or 2.something. This transition may take a week or two. I "lost" METV on my system for about 5 days until it got reassigned to a new channel.

Here in LA, its ch.20 on free tv ( remember free channels ??). Might be time to get a digital antenna. Can't really depend on cable companies at this point. They are forever having disputes and black outs at they worst times.

I'm glad others like METV. I haven't had cable for 2 years, and get METV free through an antenna. They seem to make a point to show episodes of series that feature classic movie stars.

Aforementioned Saturday night Svengoolie is a fave too

Another over-the-air HD station has recently been added, BOUNCE, that sells itself as a "free BET" with programming geared to a black population. It's awesome if you enjoy old school blacksploitation as I do. Sunday morning offers hip disco fashion and very stoned guests on SOUL TRAIN.

METV is Channel 223 in my area.

I didn't realize that Svengoolie had national exposure now.

He used to just appear on a local Chicago station.

Today METV is showing one of my all time favorite THE BRADY BUNCH episodes, "Law and Disorder" ---- the one where Bobby becomes safety monitor at school and also extends his monitoring to the Brady household ("Rules are rules.").

Supposedly Barry Williams (Greg) was stoned when filming one scene in this episode (according to Barry Williams's book).

This episode includes the famous scene where Bobby overflows the washing machine.

Note the SAFE laundry detergent. (Remember when the Bradys were picked to do the TV commercial for SAFE and then lost the spot after they took the advice from that acting coach?)

It's odd how Comcast works. When I had Comcast, the big three networks had the same channel designations they did before cable: ie; Fox ch. 2, NBC ch. 4, ABC ch.7, CBC ch.9. When Comcast finally came to Detroit, YEARS after the rest of the country, they chose to move those networks to other channels. For instance, NBC is ch 14, CBS ch. 16 and so.

But I left Comcast because they played too much "musical chairs" with certain networks, moving them around and making them hard to find.

Sepiatone

Charter also moved it recently. They all do this more frequently now trying to keep up with all the other media outlets and moving channels around.

Your remote may have a search feature. For Charter, you press menu and then there is a search icon. Select that and type in what you are looking for and this may help. Could also contact provider and have them mail you a channel listing.

Actually I watch a lot more METV than I do TCM now.

Ww just started getting *Antenna*, that other vintage station mentioned on the Board, a few weeks ago in addition to *MeTV.* I've found a few shows I enjoyed watching. The other one we carried here at Bright House, *RTV*, seems to have disappeared.

I guess we'd all better get used to Comcast since the sale will eventually go through. Based on the service my mother gets up in Jacksonville this is not good. I suppose we'll have to pay for *TCM* as she does. I just want to keep my deal with Encore where I get them all for a small flat fee. I I'll pay for *TCM* but don't know about *Fox* if necessary. Also I get to record for future viewing or replay some things in mid-program. The BH remotes make it easier to control some things as well than the Comcast ones up there. I don't guess there's anything we can do about the change though. UGH!

I suppose we'll have to pay for TCM as she does. I just want to keep my deal with Encore where I get them all for a small flat fee.

I have Comcast and TCM is part of my package as are the Encore channels. Are you saying your mother pays for TCM as an a la carte service?

>Are you saying your mother pays for TCM as an a la carte service?

It could also mean that TCM is part of her mother's basic cable package where as most of us pay extra because it is no longer part of our basic package because our cable/satellite providers moved to it to a higher programming tier.

>wouldbestar said: I guess we'd all better get used to Comcast since the sale will eventually go through. Based on the service my mother gets up in Jacksonville this is not good.

TWCable is bad, but Comcast is even worse than that. My brother pays for the lowest tier Comcast in Massachusetts and it's horrible-mostly Spanish language, sports and never ending commercial stations like QVC.

Whenever visiting, I cannot believe he wastes money to get so many unwatchable stations.

I get better stations with an antenna. (although I do miss TCM despite the repeats & regulars) This past week I saw a rare Anna Mae Wong movie and SF Film School student shorts on the PBS movie channel.

I have Comcast and TCM is part of my package as are the Encore channels. Are you saying your mother pays for TCM as an a la carte service?

Holden and lz: She can't get TCM, I've tried. It's listed on her crawl but when I click it I'm told it's not avaiable to us. She has an HDTV but a very small cable box with nome of my perks. She doesn't want to change anything so I let it drop.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens here if the merger goes through.

With WOW, TCM comes with the package. Starz and Encore used to come that way, too, but since Jan 1, they started requiring a monthly fee. I haven't opted yet. They also started carrying Sundance and IFC, which aren't as good as I'd heard.

Sepiatone

Yes, Starz requires an extra fee now on WOW. Isnt worth it to me as i rarely watched them. IFC and Sundance now show commercials! UGH. But at least they show the films in widescreen which Starz does not...... and no extra fee. They disappeared for years on WOW. At least on my tier........

I love METV as much as I do TCM. METV has given me the chance to look at absolutely gorgeous ladies such as Barbara Stanwyck and Linda Evans on "The Big Valley", Dawn Wells and Tina Louise on "Gilligan's Island", Elizabeth Montgomery on "Bewitched" and Barbara Eden on "I Dream of Jeannie". The great writing on such classic comedy shows as the "Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "The Dick Van Dyke Show. I never watched "Columbo" with Peter Falk during its initial broadcast run on NBC but METV has made me an avid fan of this television series.