Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It Conquered The World (1956) - where is it? Who's holding it up?

OllieTSB

Does anyone have the low-down on why IT CONQUERED THE WORLD has never been released on disc? I have the VHS tape, so "rightsholders" exist... somewhere!

If those folks are waiting for Peter Graves, Beverly Garland and Lee Van Cleef to make the sequel, STOP WAITING! Just release this first one! Maybe then these 3 will agree to do 'just one more'!

(There's a poor torrents copy around, and the YouTube version is OK on those 5" viewing screens. But a high-quality home-video release would scotch all of those.)

(I know the amazingly awful remake ZONTAR with John Agar is available on disk. I certainly hope it's awfulness isn't the reason to hold up IT CONQUERED, though...)

We actually don't have a lot of unreleased masters left - MONSTER OF PIEDRAS BLANCAS (1959)... Holy Hamburger, Batman - just leave the food!

...AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN (1957 - it's sequel's out there, and so's Bert I Gordon's first attempt, THE CYCLOPS is too)

...THE VULTURE (1967) one of those Amicus (Hammer wannabe) films with technicolor cleavage and overhead hooks that would drop down and snatch actors from above... some of the silliest effects this side of THE GIANT CLAW...

There's got to be a few others left out... CURUCU has been rumored to be close to release for a few years...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings