Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jane Withers

HoldenIsHere

Is that the girl who had the memorable line. 'oh good, Uncle Ed doesn't have to stay with us anymore?" I heard it when I was a kid and remember it ever since.

Shirley Temple was cute and talented, but hard to relate to as a kid. I got the little girl who was ripping apart her dolls, (though I don't think I would like her as a friend.)

Is that the girl who had the memorable line. 'oh good, Uncle Ed doesn't have to stay with us anymore?" I heard it when I was a kid and remember it ever since.

That's the girl. I think the actual line is that we don't have to be nice to Uncle Ned anymore. It's the last line of BRIGHT EYES.

She also says in this movie that her doll will have to have an operation to have her leg amputated or maybe both legs.

Audience response to Jane Withers in BRIGHT EYES was so strong that 20th Century Fox decided to star her in her own series of (low budget) vehicles. These did very we'll at the box office, and the studio and the industry was amazed when she ranked something like.Number 34 Boxoffice draw at the end of 1936. Even more amazingly, she was in the Top Ten in 1937 and 1938. Like many child stars, her popularity diminished as she reached adolescence.

Here are some Jane Withers film clips.. She can be tough, strong willed and yes sometimes even charming. A dancer and a singer.

"Little Miss Nobody" (1936)

A combination of clips from "Bright Eyes, This Is Life" and "Paddy O'Day"

Hey, TCM - got the *message?*

Edited by: hamradio on Mar 10, 2014 12:09 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings