Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Boom! (1968) - Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton

groupie2686

Does anyone know where I can find Boom! (1968) on DVD? I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, and I'm trying to see the movies they made together. I haven't found this one on DVD, and as far as I know, TCM hasn't shown it. Any help would be much appreciated!

As its considered one of the worst (if not the worst) picture they ever made, not surprising. I think TCM may have shown it at one time. Not recently. It really is bad. Not in an entertaining sense. Just boring. (both terribly miscast. Liz too young and Burton too old)........

Dear Groupie 2686,

The following LINK informs us it has been released on Digital Video Disk in Australia :http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062751/board/nest/86863089?ref_=tt_bd_2

I hope this helps. Also,Movie Trade House is advertising it for only nine American dollars and ninety-nine cents ($9.99) which I suppose isn't the final full price. When I clicked on the Link by way of Verizon the film company states not available or similar. I suggest you inquire from it before searching for the Australian issue. Ask why do they still advertise it.

God Bless,

The Vortex

Dear Groupie 2686,

My pleasure. You can always have someone transfer it for you to the North American system but make sure it is a friendly gesture and don't allow anyone to exploit with overpricing you. What I don't understand is that with all the advanced technology here in the United States why is it that unlike ,for example,the United Kingdom,we aren't able to play on a normal digital video disk player or a video cassette film recorder and to the television,films of all regions. Just what is it about the American system that impedes a simple click of a switch and the European should play as an American without concern of systems or regions. Nevertheless,enjoy "Boom" and do not listen to what others say of it or any film,judge for yourself. Remember you have your own cultural background and intellectual autonomy so therefore something you perceive may not be there for another,and here I am not referring to a pseudo-intellectual imposed inference of something that is not in a work of art.

God Bless,

The Vortex