Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abby!

Movie Requests

Dear Fellow Members,

I never have got an answer from a staff member at Turner Classic Movies for the music and where available of "Remembers" for when a great star passes away. It shouldn't be impossible to reach someone there. such is the concealment game of internet culture.

God Bless,

Eric

Same here. Some I've requested a few years back (Johnny Guitar and Bonjour Tristesse for ex) showed up a few months later, some haven't though. Keep requesting you never can tell :)

Welcome to the boards. It does happen, but depending on the title, distributor, availability and often with hard negotiations, it can take anywhere from months to years for TCM to get the broadcast rights to show a particular film. It's not as simple as picking up the phone and saying "send it."

Still put in your suggestions, watch the schedules and someday you may be very surprised. Just remember that it's not possible for TCM to get every movie suggested. Good luck.

I have been looking to see one of Loretta Young's movies featured on TCM for the longest time, but I have not seen it. I figure that if anyone would have it, it would be TCM. The movie I am looking for is *_The Accused_*. I believe it was made it 1949 and I think that it is a wonderful story of a psychology professor who commits murder unintentionally and tries to cover up the crime. I hoe that you can find it and show it and possibly put it in our shop for selling. I would love to own it.

Also, thank you for pulling Doris Day's thriller Midnight Lace our of the vaults. This is another one that I have been looking forward to seeing in quite a few years. This is another one that I want to add to my collection of DVDs.

Keep up the good work TMC.

anncenzi57

I think the last time I watched *The Accused* on TCM was about 6 years ago or so, when TCM did a Birthday tribute to Loretta Young. I like this film a lot and also wish TCM would air it again. There is a Suggest A Movie thread on the bds. If you click on COMMUNITY above, then click on SUGGEST A MOVIE you'll be able to request it and hopefully the film will show up one of these days :)

I have made requests and some of those movies have appeared, so it's possible. I know I requested "murder, he says" (a '40s comedy) that I haven't seen on TV for many years and lo and behold it came up on tcm not long after I requested it..love that kooky movie with Fred MacMurray.

Also requested Doris Day's "Young at heart" and that's coming up soon.

But yeah, I'm sure there are many movies that are requested but they don't have the rights yet. I'm still waiting for "angel in my pocket" with Andy Griffith.

I'm currently watching "MGM: When the Lion Roars-part 1" & am loving it. Please play all of the parts together. Also, I would love to see any & all documentaries that you have available like this. I'm interested in the beginning history of film along with the history of actors. Interviews would also be great as I love to get to know stars as people, too. I just love TCM!

Please show more of the Classic 1930's-1940's John Wayne movies like Haunted Gold, Flame Of Barbary Coast & Wyoming Outlaw. That's just a few of some I would like to see as I don't believe anyone gets the chance to see those films these days. Also would like to see some Lon Chaney Sr. classics as well. (London After Midnight reconstructed).

Please show more of the Classic 1930's-1940's John Wayne movies like Haunted Gold, Flame Of Barbary Coast & Wyoming Outlaw. That's just a few of some I would like to see as I don't believe anyone gets the chance to see those films these days. Also would like to see some Lon Chaney Sr. classics as well. (London After Midnight reconstructed).

ME,

John Wayne is Star of the Month later this month. A full week of his films are going to be shown. Be sure to check the schedule!

• Like 1

ME,

John Wayne is Star of the Month later this month. A full week of his films are going to be shown. Be sure to check the schedule!

Wow, thank a lot for the info. I will definitely check out the schedule. Thaks again Pilgrim!!!

I request anything from Miss Paulette Goddard. Not enough on TCM, it's about time we shed some light on this underrated timeless beauty. REQUESTS - "Diary Of a Chambermaid", "Unconquered", "The Cat & The Canary", "Pot O' Gold", "The Ghost Breakers", & "Kitty".
paulette-goddard-36-modern-times-roller-

The one Goddard movie I'd really like TCM to get is Francesco Maselli's 'Gli Indifferenti' (1964) - the dubbed version for the U.S. was 'Time of Indifference' and that would be fine as an alternative - which co-starred Claudia Cardinale, Shelley Winters and Rod Steiger.

From what I've read this was the best acting of Goddard's career.

• Like 1

The one Goddard movie I'd really like TCM to get is Francesco Maselli's 'Gli Indifferenti' (1964) - the dubbed version for the U.S. was 'Time of Indifference' and that would be fine as an alternative - which co-starred Claudia Cardinale, Shelley Winters and Rod Steiger.

From what I've read this was the best acting of Goddard's career.

Never heard of it, would love to see it. Do you think TCM takes our request here seriously or is it just all talk amongst ourselves??? I doubt we'll get what we want aired anytime soon.

Yes, they do pay attention to what is asked for. Whether they can get those or not is another matter - but it never hurts to post about a title or to request one.

Yes, they do pay attention to what is asked for. Whether they can get those or not is another matter - but it never hurts to post about a title or to request one.

True, we got everything to gain & absolutely zilch to lose. Hopefully they see my request cause she needs the best respect & recognition you can possibly give.

Does anyone know if you can request a star of the month? And if  you've tried, has TCM ever picked your choice?

The only example I can think of for a Star of the Month being selected by request is Joel McCrea.  That came about only after an extended campaign on the Message Boards.

If one participates in the prohramming challenges, one can make their own schedule. Sometimes TCM borrows ideas from these personal schedules.

I would like to think so. If they do then we'll get our answer. In the meantime, I'm just gonna post what I want & if they see it & acknowledge it, then so be it. We got everything to gain & absolutely zip to lose, why I'm not right??? lol

I would like to think so. If they do then we'll get our answer. In the meantime, I'm just gonna post what I want & if they see it & acknowledge it, then so be it. We got everything to gain & absolutely zip to lose, why I'm not right??? lol

ME,

The Program Challenge began back in 2008 and the TCM staff of programmers have been borrowing ideas from the Challenges every since.  On the old boards there were various threads over the yearsthat Challengers started when they realized that one of their ideas had made it on the air.

And TCMProgrammr has posted on the boards about has not been shy about acknowledging that they "borrow" ideas from the Challenges.

• Like 1

ME,

The Program Challenge began back in 2008 and the TCM staff of programmers have been borrowing ideas from the Challenges every since.  On the old boards there were various threads over the yearsthat Challengers started when they realized that one of their ideas had made it on the air.

And TCMProgrammr has posted on the boards about has not been shy about acknowledging that they "borrow" ideas from the Challenges.

Thanks for letting me know. I was disappointed & lost some respect for the online staff a while back simply because it is clearly shown online that TCM welcomes questions & comments, & all my questions over the YEARS mind you regarded serious matters,  honest decent questions or important questions that I needed help with online. I've been checking this site since 2008 or so, & evertime I asked a question "not on the message board" I never got a reply so I figured you guys were too busy to answer the little guy's questions or just didn't care. That's only how I percieved it, not that I'm bashing or knocking down anyone that has to do with the TCM staff, it's just that how can I rely on something that is the same result over & over?? But on the other hand I thank you for taking the time out to answer my questions here & now as I took the time out to type out all of this. lol Hope the contact staff steps up their game cause there's no way I'm the only one who got shafted.

evertime I asked a question "not on the message board" I never got a reply so I figured you guys were too busy to answer the little guy's questions or just didn't care. That's only how I percieved it, not that I'm bashing or knocking down anyone that has to do with the TCM staff, it's just that how can I rely on something that is the same result over & over?? But on the other hand I thank you for taking the time out to answer my questions here & now as I took the time out to type out all of this. lol Hope the contact staff steps up their game cause there's no way I'm the only one who got shafted.

ME,

Just wanted to let you know that I am not a TCM staffer, just a long time message board contributor. I was asked to be the point person here since the new boards debuted to help posters who have questions about the boards or difficulties using the boards to get the answers or help they need.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions!