Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Missing Plane: my theory

Swithin

I hope this is not in poor taste.

I've watched the coverage of the missing Malaysian plane today. *Lost Horizon* came to mind -- all those people leaving Baskul, China, getting diverted to the deepest Himalayas, where they are taken to Shangri-La.

I just posted this in the other thread (Nevermind) about this:

>Okay, I'm going to post my two best theories on what happened:

>

>1. Shangrila is recruiting again.

>

>2. Putin had it done, to keep the world's media focused on the search, rather than the fact that he is about to invade eastern Ukraine.

But, you beat me to the first one. :)

I just saw this on the news Sunday night; there's a passenger plane somewhere at the bottom of Lake Michigan with 58 bodies on board. The aircraft went down in 1950, and the wreckage has never been located. So right here in our own backyard there's a mystery that has yet to be solved. The present time incident and with the vast area to be searched, this may never be solved either. For the sake of the families who lost loved ones I hope there will be some answers that can help them deal with this, but that may not be the case.

Hi Mrroberts,

There has been speculation over the years that an equivalent of the "Bermuda Triangle" exists in Lake Michigan, where there have been more than usual boat and plane disappearances. Such "triangles" are believed by some to exist in waters all over the globe.

speakthelma.gif

It's very easy to disappear something in several miles deep of ocean. Goodness, look how long it took to find something huge as Titanic.

Burmuda Triangle(s) is rubbish, disappearances can be attributed to spacial disorientation

http://ftp.rta.nato.int/public/PubFullText/RTO/MP/RTO-MP-086/MP-086-10.pdf

Even simple ice

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ice-flight-3407/

Poor training

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2169134/Damning-report-2009-Air-France-crash-killed-228-says-pilots-averted-disaster.html

Methane hydrate

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/a/c/acv5006/uploads/3/9/5/3/395328/methanehydratesfinalpaper.pdf

There was an experiment I saw a few years ago on the Discovery Channel in which it took only a 1% mixture to stall an engine.

There have been speculations in the past that "triangle" type areas might be small areas that experience anomalies in the Earth's magnetic field, which might confound earlier aircraft navigation systems. Indeed, I haven't heard of any RECENT disappearances in the "Bermuda Triangle".

Not saying it's so, just forwarding another "theory".

Sepiatone

Methane hydrate when rises from the ocean bottom ionizes (akind to the creation of lightning in the atmosphere) can create havoc with radios and compasses when accumulates in large volume.

Yes there are magnetic anomalies

http://wdc.org.ua/en/node/353

There is the phenomena called "Earthquake lights" caused by tectonic stressing creating energy. Plasma spheres (ball lightning) can be created and is mistaken for UFO's around areas of geologic activity. The Earth becomes a gigantic BBQ lighter (squeezing quartz).

kimyo

hqdefault.jpg

Earthquake-Lights.png

Even today, with all of our modern high technology, it is said that we only know a small fraction of the ocean floor's geography, its composition, and the life forms that are down there. Maybe we should spend more time (and money) examining our own planet instead of going out into space.

Swamp gas is different, its created by decomposing vegatation in swamps and bogs.

Methane hydrate, the biblical fire and ice mingling. Oh yes it and swamp gas is a more potent greenhouse gas, imagine the total cubic feet released into the atmosphere.

burning-gas-hydrate.jpeg

methanehydra.jpg

This is why Russia has such large deposites and is exploiting it.

methane_hydrate_nsf.gif

Edited by: hamradio on Mar 17, 2014 12:25 PM

Here is a new map made by the Wall Street Journal.

The point where the northern red arc, numbered 5, crosses the northern dotted line arc, numbered 3, corresponds to the point of the red arrow on the map I posted yesterday, showing the plane could have landed or crashed over Western China..

These two arcs correspond to the last satellite ping (red arc 5) and the limits of the airplanes fuel supply (dotted line arc 3) after a total of a 7 hour flight. I estimated the final flight straight line flying, from the LAST MILITARY RADAR CONTACT point, to the point where the two arcs meet, to be about 5 hours, flying at about 550 MPH.

WALL STREET JOURNAL MAP from 3/17/14:

WO-AR697A_MALPR_G_20140316190907.jpg

FREDs MAP from 3/16/14:

27zj8go.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

*Where the Southern arcs 3 and 5 meet would be the approximate ocean crash site if the plane took the southern route into the Indian ocean, instead of taking the northern route.*

So many reports and speculations, its hard to really draw any conclusions just yet. Apparently a few "groups" have made claims to have been involved in some kind of terrorist activity but all claims have quickly been discredited. It seems certain that some malfunction occurred and the plane ended up crashing. Where, when, and how has yet to be determined and there are endless possibilities.

Early on, there was one Malaysia newspaper report that said some unknown Western Chinese terrorist group sent some media an email claiming credit. This would have been related to the group that killed the 29 people at a China train station 2 weeks ago.

But you are right, we have received so much bad and incorrect information and it keeps changing.

The media is receiving information from poor uneducated third-world nation workers, and several governments. These are two groups that often give out unreliable information. And the media is publishing all of it because it sells newspapers and increases TV news viewing ratings.

I feel sorry for all the relatives waiting for word about the airplane.

>I've watched the coverage of the missing Malaysian plane today. Lost Horizon came to mind -- all those people leaving Baskul, China, getting diverted to the deepest Himalayas, where they are taken to Shangri-La.

I posted this link last night. If the Malaysia plane went north, it could have crossed over this mountain range:

They actually should hire us to sit in a room and come up with possible ideas, because we know all the possible "plots" already.

Here's a news story from 3/15/14

*Uighur separatists claim over missing flight MH370 may be re-examined*

http://www.news.com.au/national/uighur-separatists-claim-over-missing-flight-mh370-may-be-reexamined/story-fncynjr2-1226855911080

CLAIMS by a Malay newspaper that a 35-year-old Uighur man from China?s troubled autonomous Muslim province was on Flight MH370 may be looked at in new light after being written off as irrelevant.

An email sent to journalists, supposedly from representatives from the Uighur separatist movement, claimed for responsibility for the Malaysia Airlines flight?s disappearance.

The emails were dismissed as opportunistic and troublemaking.

XINJIANG SEPARATIST FORCES BEHIND STABBING MASSACRE

PICTURES: CHINA?S UIGHUR RIOTS

Malaysia?s Harian Metro claimed the man had taken flight-simulator training in Sweden in 2005.

>I hope this is not in poor taste.

I don't think it is. I'm sure everyone here feels sorry for the passengers and their family members.

One time when I was in the news business, I covered a major airliner crash into a large lake. It took the feds 4 or 5 days to find the exact crash site. There was crash debris all over the lake after the first day.

Hey, down a few posts I said this:

>They actually should hire us to sit in a room and come up with possible ideas, because we know all the possible "plots" already.

I was serious about that. How? Why?

Well, the latest "theory" about the airplane I just heard on CNN is that "maybe" it got in the "radar shadow" of another airline and flew along just behind it and slightly higher by a few feet. Thus, it would miss being seen as a separate airplane by ground radar units.

Ok, that plot was used in DESTINATION TOKYO (1943), when Cary Grant took his American submarine into Tokyo Bay, following right behind and slightly below a Japanese ship. The Japanese military had to open an iron cable mesh curtain to let the Japanese ship in, and Grant's American ship snuck in behind it and invisible to Japanese sonar.

Maybe the international governments already have a bunch of old movie buffs working on this missing airplane case.

Fred

There's been a lot of coverage of the Uighurs, but I don't think it makes sense. After all, the plane was supposed to fly to Beijing. If the plane was going to be used in conjunction with some anti-Chinese statement related to the Uighurs, the plane could have flown right into some Beijing building!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings