Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hell's Angels (1930)

coder1953

Just watched the 1930 film "Hell's Angels" with its color sequence and tinted sequences. However when the zeppelin explodes the tinting remained blue. I recall that in previous airings that the tinting turned orange/red during the explosion. Also the intermission wording isn't original. Originally the intermission was stated as "Intermission 10 minutes" and had the same type font as the opening credits. Now it's a more modern type font that simply says "Intermission."

What gives?

I noticed the same thing; I remembered in watching Hell's Angels a while ago that the zeppelin was a burnt red orange when it tumbled burning to the ground. Yesterday's version showed it as bluish thru the entire sequence. I also didn't remember any intermission sequences in the versions I saw years ago.

Does anyone know what gives?

I have two copies of Hell's Angels; one is from AMC from around 1990 and the other is from a TCM broadcast from about 2004. I'll have to check these two copies to see if I'm correct in these differences.

Lots of scenes haphazardly converted from a Silent into a Talkie. Plenty of dubbing here. I wonder if any of the Greta Nissen Silent footage as Helen still exists? Harlow looks way better in this film that anything else I have ever seen her in. MGM should never have plucked her brows. TCM airs this movie very infrequently, but it is on DVD. I was amazed to see it on the schedule. It's been probably 10 years since last shown?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings