Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
misswonderly3

Act of Violence: a great noir

Maybe if you say something to 'the right person,' they will send you a coupon for something in the TCM store. You need some sort of reward for being a loyal viewer.

That's a thought.

But to be honest, I'm probably too lazy to make the effort it would take to agitate for such a boon. (or "bone", as in throwing to a dog. I'm keeding.)

You have so much passion for this film, you would have done a great job introducing it.

Personally, I would have picked THE OX-BOW INCIDENT. It's one that I could say a lot about...even though it is not my most favorite.

I love stories, like you do, without tidy resolutions-- that make us think about the human condition and the sometimes tortured path people take on the way to salvation.

Thank you Hibi - it was a film that inspired the rare user comment from me. For me the thing is to try to instill the urge in others to see a film, and to put it in a context that reveals enough to spark the urge but not so much as to have the person know all that is to happen.

My only grudge with the film as I wrote earlier are the last two lines. It is however a minor grudge.

Talk about rubbing it in! :( Very strange......

I haven't paid any attention to the contests before but that's strange that Canadians would be excluded from them.

But, if I were one of the contestants I think I would pick "Act of Violence" as one to watch. Yes, it made me think about how war can make decent people into something desperate for survival & it left me at the end thinking, "what's gonna happen when he goes to tell her?" and creating a whole scenario in my mind about that...the movie just didn't end for me after 2 hrs, I had to keep thinking. :D

I took a couple film classes many years ago, and I think this film would've been a great one for those classes to discuss because I can barely remember which ones we did see (oh, I do remember "Best Years of our Lives" and that became a favorite of mine and "Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf" which did not become one I want to see again.)

Thanks for your interesting comments about the film, swimminginaqua.

I hope you won't have any difficulty getting back onto this site when the "improvements" are completed (Friday, I think they said.)

Well this is my first post at the revised site.     I'm trying to determine if I'm an advanced member or not!

Well this is my first post at the revised site.     I'm trying to determine if I'm an advanced member or not!

Welcome. Spend some time looking around.

You should vsiit the New Board thread. Many questions are there.

You are a "pilgrim fan", while many of us are "advanced members".......????????????

You are a "pilgrim fan", while many of us are "advanced members".......????????????

DarkBlue is:

Accused Chauvinist

PappysGirl Old MissGoddess) is:

Moira12 is:

When you click on your avatar, towards the right side of the page where it indicates: Edit Your Profile

Click on that button

That takes you to your first page of the profile called GENERAL ACCOUNT SETTINGS.

Scroll down about half way and you will see a listing for Profile Information. Here is where you can change your Member title to whatever you want. I am thinking that everyone who was a previous member gets the “advanced member title”. Here you can change that to whatever you like. I chose what I did to reflect my new avatar of my pencil illustration of the Duke.

Be sure to click on Save Changes at the bottom of this page.

I have just changed mine again to a quote by the Duke from True Grit. Now I am not sure this is going to fly, but so far it is. So maybe this is okay for this title to be this way. I am sure if they don't like it I will be told so.

DarkBlue is:

Accused Chauvinist

PappysGirl Old MissGoddess) is:

Moira12 is:

When you click on your avatar, towards the right side of the page where it indicates: Edit Your Profile

Click on that button

That takes you to your first page of the profile called GENERAL ACCOUNT SETTINGS.

Scroll down about half way and you will see a listing for Profile Information. Here is where you can change your Member title to whatever you want. I am thinking that everyone who was a previous member gets the “advanced member title”. Here you can change that to whatever you like. I chose what I did to reflect my new avatar of my pencil illustration of the Duke.

Be sure to click on Save Changes at the bottom of this page.

I have just changed mine again to a quote by the Duke from True Grit. Now I am not sure this is going to fly, but so far it is. So maybe this is okay for this title to be this way. I am sure if they don't like it I will be told so.

I'm going to change my "advanced member" to "the most advanced member".

I'm going to change my "advanced member" to "the most advanced member".

Wow. That is really original.....