Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lori

TomJH

Thanks for the reminder, Tom. It's been 15 months since her passing.

Her stepdaughter has left her Facebook page up and I check in there now and again when something strikes me. I even give her updates once in awhile.

I don't know what the privacy setting is on the page, but you can check if you choose.

https://www.facebook.com/lorraine.moore.376?fref=ts

What a great contributor Lori was to these boards. I always loved reading her well-written and passionate posts about "Jules".

(...and even though I would occasionally kid her about it, and which she always took with great good humor...I miss her)

>Every time TCM shows a Garfield movie, I think of her...

Me too, Sepiatone, me too.

I want to thank you, Dargo, mrroberts, and, of course, ginnyfan for your comments.

I loved Lori for the passion of her devotion to her cause of trying to revive memories of her favourite, John Garfield. She was outraged that a fine, sensitive actor received such a raw deal in his personal life, as well as a continuing injustice, that his film legacy was in danger of being forgotten.

I recall how Lori had even been in contact with the actor's daughter, Julie, who had also signed on to Lori's petition and campaign to get Warners to release a boxed set of Garfield films.

Lori surprised me one day when, out of the blue, she PMed me an e-magazine, Noir City, which had a large writeup on Garfield's The Breaking Point, which had recently been broadcast on TCM. And it's a beautiful magazine in every sense of the word, which I still have on my computer hard drive.

And also so reflective, I feel, of Lori's kind personality to have sent it to me.

Also reflective of her personality is her simple, sweet YouTube tribute to Garfield, for which I provided the link. Here it is again:

Lori's musical selection of Chaplin's "Smile" in the background makes it a particularly poignant experience to view it again. I don't mind confessing that I get chocked up by it.

Lori was so afraid that John Garfield would be forgotten. It's nice to see from a few of the comments that appeared on this thread that Lori has not been forgotten.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings