Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Possible Cult Film, Haunted Paintings Set To Defend Castle

Justaberry

Hello there! I hope you're all well.

I'm looking for the title of a film that is possibly from the 1940s/1950s, set within a haunted castle of sorts, and starts out with the love story of a civil war of two lovers being married. The setting is within a castle that the woman being married is heir to. They are stormed and her lover who is a general has to flee to be safe. The movie then moves on to detail the history of the castle and a previous set of lovers. In this flashback (from what I remember) shows an invasion by a Turkish army and the previous heir (a blonde woman in an ermine coat) sets to defend the castle by wooing the leader of the Turkish army. She is previously mentioned as being the defender of the castle by haunting the place due to the paintings left of her in the vestibule, (along with it's other heirs.) Does anyone happen to have any idea of what this movie is? Its been driving me nuts and I'd love to know. I believe it aired late at night/very early morning in winter 2013 on the New York time schedule. Thanks so so much!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings