Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie Title

Sillyfarmchick

Many years ago, while fighting the chicken pox, I watched a movie about a family on vacation. The father called out a name to a group of boys and offered the lad money to date his daughter. Later in the show the boy gave the money back. Does anyone know what this movie is? I was fairly young and don't remember a lot about the movie other then I liked it and perhaps it was set around a beach or lake. Any help is appreciated.

>...The name Mr. Hobbs calls out is "Joe" - his reasoning being that there is always a "Joe" in every group of boys (a very 50's notion, that)

Oh, you mean kind of the same reason Richard Loo (who ironically wasn't Japanese of course) would always call every American soldier that very name TOO after saying "We have ways of making you talk" in all those old WWII flicks??? ;)

(...making it of course a very '40's notion also, dark)

Hey, speakin' of which, dark...

Do you remember that scene in "Purple Heart" where Loo while interrogating Dana Andrews has him stand and rock back and forth to each side while saying "Tic-Tock...Tic-Tock", but after a while Andrews is only rocking one way and only saying "Tic"...Tic" And so Loo says to him....

(....naaaaah...sorry...I JUST can't say it...ya see Hibi, if you're out there?!...maybe I DO have at least a LITTLE "shame" after all, EH?!) ;)

LOL

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings