Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Universal Monsters

Hey! I'm Antonia Carlotta and my great great uncle was Carl Laemmle who founded Universal Studios. I have a web series called Universally Me where I post about Universal's history, and my newest episode is an intro to all the Monsters! Would love if you watched and shared!

Which is your favorite Universal Monster?

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...

Its hard to pick a favorite but right now id have say Frankenstein's monster.

I agree,  especially as portrayed in The Bribe of Frankenstein since there is a degree of humanity in the monster that is very moving.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for posting, Antonia.

My favorite has always been Dracula, as portrayed by Bela Lugosi. Karloff's Frankenstein Monster next.

Dracula for me too, not even close.  I do love all of the Universal Monsters but it has always been Bela Lugosi's Dracula that has resonated with me.  He is perfection as the count. 

Thank you for posting, Antonia.

My favorite has always been Dracula, as portrayed by Bela Lugosi. Karloff's Frankenstein Monster next.

Its Frankenstein's Monster for me.   Dracula has somewhat of a cheesy \ camp factor for me (e.g. those phony bats) while the Monster doesn't.    Also the Monster has more personality then Dracula as played by Lugosi (later Dracula films go more into the depth of the character).

• 3 weeks later...

All of them.  And you'll NEVER make me exclude any of them from my watch-lists. 

NEV-AHH!!!  ^_^

Claude Rains, coming in out of the cornstarch... Una O'Connor, one of the two great original Scream Queens... along with Fay Wray, with so many more American silent films listed in her IMDB has be listed since she's got at least 4 scream-queen worthy films before Una's 1933 INVIS MAN entry. 

Of course, like all of these Universals, I refuse to choose only one!  I love 'em both.  And plenty more.

(I know it's a long-shot that the original writer is still hangin' out here, but I'd love to hear stories of how she discovered the Carl Laemmle film connection, and how she introduced this discovery to school friends.  I'd have probably freaked.  Totally.)

• 2 months later...

Hey! I'm Antonia Carlotta and my great great uncle was Carl Laemmle who founded Universal Studios. I have a web series called Universally Me where I post about Universal's history, and my newest episode is an intro to all the Monsters! Would love if you watched and shared!

Which is your favorite Universal Monster?

Wow! Love your family Antonia,and the "Big U"..as well as Universal Horror. Thanks for the link!
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, Antonia!  I love all the monsters but my heart belongs to the gill man.  I recently purchased Michael Mallory's A Legacy of Horror but haven't been able to read it yet.  The pictures are fantastic, especially of Jack Pierce working on Boris Karloff.