Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Hat Not So Filled With Rain

clore

That's because it's pan and scan. I'm getting the heebie-jeebies and it isn't because Mother hasn't given me my fix.

TCM Programmers - Fox owes you. Accept no excuses, they've aired this film on FMC in widescreen.

Have you ever tried that downloading site? I'd like to see it in the proper ratio as it's the NYC of my childhood. I just worry about some Russian site sending me a virus - my brother screwed up his PC with some site. But it not worth buying the $20.00 FOX MOD disc as it's in the Academy ratio.

For some reason, one has to go to buy from a Region 2 DVD source to get their titles in Cinemascope.

Thanks for reminding me about a possible virus. I was only judging by the sample photo on the webpage. I only use Youtube and don't subscribe to sites i.e. Netflix, etc. I do buy a DVD or even VHS if I want it bad enough. :)

Check your PM.

Here's something a little off the wall - a Lego version of the film.

What's up with this building block craze? laugh.gif

Edited by: hamradio on Mar 28, 2014 8:28 AM

This is a pet peeve of mine, Fox's attitude to their film archive. I remember when Twentieth announced grandly that all future films would be in the new CinemaScope process and theaters better build wider screens or they wouldn't have Fox films to show. It was an expensive undertaking for local theaters, who probably felt a little bullied, but Fox was right about widescreen being the wave of the future at least. Now they can't be bothered keeping many of those widescreen films before the public. Even if they can't see a widescreen DVD release as being viable financially, they should at least provide the widescreen print to someone like TCM, who's probably paying pretty big bucks to show it.

It's especially annoying since my own viewing log shows that I saw it on FMC in widescreen back in 2008.

I have friends who will buy imports of DVDs of Fox movies because the titles are not available in 2.35:1 in a Region 1 edition. I'm too frugal for that, but it doesn't make sense that we should get the inferior versions in the first place.

I'd forgotten this was on and tuned in later to check what was playing and noticed it was pan and scan. Really peeves me this keeps happening. Glad I didnt tune in to watch from the beginning. Were the other Fox films in wide screen last night?

I didn't check out BUS STOP as Don Murray's character in there do annoys me that I just can't accept whatever other virtues that the film offers.

SHAKE HANDS WITH THE DEVIL was 1.33:1, but it was 1.66:1 on release, so that was no big deal. I didn't bother with the rest. I've been given three free months of a channel called "Epix" and their On Demand channel has HUGO airing and as I have never seen it, I figured I'd check it out while waiting for the sandman.

He never showed, but I was entranced - what a magical film.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings