Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Doris Day - New Interview with Robert Osborne

Paulio

Thanks for posting that. Doris sounds pretty much like she used to. Its too bad she cant be persuaded to do a sit down, but it was nice she consented to talk via the telephone.

I only discovered yesterday that she has a new rose named after her. I'm surprised she's never commented about that. Apparently this is the first year it's available for sale, and not many places have it yet. I did find one mail order nursery that had it and ordered it yesterday. It's a Yellow floribunda with great parents, so I expect it will be a winner!

Oh, I just love Doris Day! That was a treat to hear..she's a doll! And she does sound very youthful. Sad, you can hear her choke up about her beloved dogs..our pets are family.

I'm excited to see her birthday movies in April...been requesting some & they listened! :). Her movies are the ones I watch to lift me from the blues. Would love to see her again. Maybe she could do a guest spot on "Hot in Cleveland"? (Betty white is a passionate dog lover, too.)

Doris and I share that birthday with many other famous people (Yeah right !! As if I was on a par with her lol ) so I always see it as a gift to me to show her films on that day.

I don't think she would care one way or the other about this board frankly. She seeems to be doing quite well. She always seemed to be a strong , sturdy woman. Not surprised she has lived such a long life.

And she doesn't look too happy in that photo (probably due to them invading her privacy).

I wanted to post in this thread the most recent image of her I could find. When we hear her voice on the radio or in phone interviews, and we only see images of her from her heyday, it skews our perspective. We tend to think of her in a way that is not consistent with how she actually is today.

I read that she legally changed her first name to Clara-- so in many ways, she is not the Doris we 'know.'

I found it interesting in the interview that she said she was sorry that she had quit working when she did. She had remarried, but the marriage didnt last long. As far as working again, I think that's just something she pertuates as something to say. How can you work when you dont want to be photographed?

Thanks for posting the telephone interview. I am and have been a huge Doris Day fan, having grown up with her in the movies and listening to her music. A very talented woman. I often think that Kennedy Center should be honoring her, but if she is not willing to travel, it doesn't happen.

> After the beating just absorbed by Kim Novak on these boards, which conceivably could be made known to Doris, there's now even less chance that she will agree to an on-camera interview.

I never understood the meanness people heap on once beautiful, glamorous actresses once they get older. It's as if THEY will look as good if THEY get that old! As if those actresses are breaking some kind of LAW because they let nature run it's course. That may not be the case with Novak, but you get what I mean. Ardent Day fans would still love her even if she resembled YODA at her age.

Sepiatone

Maybe the problem is that, because of Hollywood's obsession with youth, older actors get facelifts which make them look odd. It would be good if older actors were just allowed to age naturally and still be seen as beautiful, like Luise Rainer, Maggie Smith, and others.