Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Virginia Gregg in "Notorious"

aktartt

According to IMDB, the actress Virginia Gregg, who played countless roles on radio and a few in films, was in Hitchcock's "Notorious." She is said to have played a file clerk, a role that was uncredited. This week I had a chance to watch "Notorious" for the umpteenth time (it's one of my favorites), and I specifically watched for a scene with a file clerk. I noticed no such scene. Can anyone shed some light on this by pointing to where a scene with a file clerk occurs in the movie? Or was it customary to designate a role as "uncredited" when a scene ends up on the cutting-room floor? Thanks.

I dont recall a scene like that either. It possibly might have been in the office of Grant's boss. Actors sometimes stay in the credits even when their scenes are deleted. Look for Amanda Blake in A Star Is Born (Garland's version) she isnt in it, but she's in the credits......

If it was uncredited, she may not have had any lines to say.......

Edited by: Hibi on Mar 25, 2014 5:13 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings