Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Colorado Territory(1949)

ERROL23

After breaking out of jail with outside help Wes McQueen(Joel McRea)goes to meet the people who helped him to escape.On his way Wes meets Fred Winslow(Henry Hull)and his daughter Julie(Dorothy Malone)and saves them from a stagecoach holdup.Wes becomes friends with Fred and falls for Julie.

After meeting the man who helped him escape Wes agrees to one last job.He meets Reno(John Archer)and Duke(James Mitchell)two gunmen and Dukes mistress,Colorado(Virginia Mayo)Wes finds his job is a train holdup.

Remake of High Sierra.Remade again I Died A Thousand Times with Jack Palance,Shelly Winters,James Millagan,Dennis Hopper,Lee Marvin,Lori Nelson,Earl Holliman,Lon Chaney,etc

Edited by: ERROL23 on Mar 25, 2014 11:57 PM

ERROL, this is the best of the three. I know that's movie heresy but I stand by it. I think it's because Joel McCrea and Virginia Mayo are such a good team and the story's more realistic if a bit sadder. I only wish it was in color (yes I know there's a colorized version out there somewhere).

My only gripe is that the captioning refers to the "Indians" speaking in a "foreign language" in their scenes which is not the movie's fault but the ignorant captionist. This is not only one of my favorite Westerns but favorite movies period.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings