Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Genevieve Bujold and mysterious co-star

noah80

Genevieve Bujold has worked with a host of famous actors and says she got along well with most of them. "There might be a couple that I might think, 'Oh, it was difficult,' but I don't want to talk about that," she says. "But even then I kind of zigzagged my way out of having to deal with it, because anything that's negative, I don't want." She recalls doing a film with a leading man she disliked so much that she couldn't do close-ups with him. She did them looking at the director instead.

"He didn't get along with me," she says about her co-star, whom she would not name. "He kept always like 'Don't walk so fast, don't do this, are you going to wear those boots? Those are dy-ke boots.' Oh come on. Back off."

this excerpt is from an article in 2013 from http://o.canada.com/entertainment/movies/still-mine-actress-genevieve-bujold-in-a-state-of-grace/

Any idea who Bujold is talking about?

Well, Genevieve Bujold has worked with some of the following actors:

Richard Burton: (Ann Of A Thousand Days)

James Cann: (Another Man Another Chance, a Western so boots

Might have been involved)

Jack Lemmon: (Alex And The Gypsy)

Alan Bates: (King Of Hearts)

Michael Douglas (Coma)

Kris Kristofferson (Trouble In Mind, which is my favorite film)

Keith Carridine: (Trouble In Mind, Choose Me, The Moderns)

Jeremy Irons: (Dead Ringers)

My Guess is James Caan

She was almost Captain Janeway on Star Trek Voyager. She was hired for the role but after the first day of shooting the producer realized they need someone else. They then brought in Kate Mulgrew.

The same thing happened on Firefly. Rebecca Gayeheart was originally cast as Inarra but it didn't work out after the first day of shooting. In came Moreena Baccarin, (who was reciently nominated for an Emmy for Homeland.)

Edited by: sfpcc2 on Mar 29, 2014 1:54 AM

I did not see the AMC version but I thought there was no need for a remake. Crichton has passed away so he never got to see this remake. But I wonder what Bujold thought about this new version. I've read Robin Cook's novel. It was okay.

It's time to get Genevieve Bujold on TCM so she can talk about this with Robert Osborne!

>I'm a big fan of Coma (1978). Last year marked the 35th anniversary of the film so I created this image as a tribute to the film and Genevieve Bujold.

It works on so many levels. It's a medical drama, it's a horror film, it's a suspense thriller-- all rolled into one.

For me, it was the first movie where a woman is the heroine (without super power) thus a role model. A rare treat. Here's what Genevieve Bujold had to say about Coma:

Genevieve Bujold: Coma was also great. I spent three days following a woman surgeon it was kind of traumatic and [director] Michael Crichton is a such a brilliant, intelligent man. It was a very kind of speedy ride. Very well done. Michael [Douglas] was totally professional he had just come off The Streets of San Francisco, which really put him close to the people, and he had this charisma. There were people everywhere [around him]. I very much enjoyed being Susan Wheeler. And it's really her movie. I felt comfortable leading that movie.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings