Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Divergent" (2014)

joefilmone

This feels like a 1970's sci-fi movie- the fx work are very low tech ( they use real guns and there is even a cameo by one of those Irwin Allen blinking light computers) The story is set in a future Chicago ( how such a major city avoided total destruction is never explained) and the people are split into factions ( shades of "Brave New World).

• 1 month later...

This feels like a 1970's sci-fi movie- the fx work are very low tech ( they use real guns and there is even a cameo by one of those Irwin Allen blinking light computers) The story is set in a future Chicago ( how such a major city avoided total destruction is never explained) and the people are split into factions ( shades of "Brave New World).

I read the books, becasue my daughter loved them. I wasn;t thrilled, but kept reading becasue each book reveals a little more about how the world of the novels came to be. Apparently the govt decided that genetics was solely responsible for the violence and problems of the world and tried to tinker with people's genes to "fix" them. It failed and Chicago became one of several breeding experiments hoping to restore humans to normal. Folks who are "divergent" have gene patterns that are considered healed (hence the title).

Im waiting to see the movie On Demand. That way if I hate it, it won;t feel like such a waste of money. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings