Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eva Marie Saint interview tonight

kaslovesTCM

>Say it aint so. The dreaded NBNW is being shown! At least I'll be in bed by then.....

:) Oh for heaven's sake, is it that bad? I know there are those who feel it is shown too often on TCM, but that's not the movie's fault. I think it's a pretty great movie. May I know why you think it is dreaded, just curious :)

So glad this for the reminder of the interview, I heard her years ago in an interview on a local pbs radio station and she came across wonderfully, so down to earth.

Laffite, thanks for asking this question. I was also wondering what was wrong with "North By Northwest." I love that movie!

Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint made a great pair, too bad they weren't paired up in another film. If Grace Kelly hadn't been "Princess Grace" by that time, I could see Hitchcock casting her instead of Saint though. Thank goodness for Prince Rainier!

I actually think NBNW is among Hitchcock's weakest films, one he made for the bucks. But much as I eschew the showing of it so often, I guess it is appropriate considering the interview with the great and lovely Ms. Saint.

I caught a bit of this interview..will watch the recording later. She seems very down-to-earth and natural & I like how she put her family first. I admit I haven't seen many of her movies, but I love "North by Northwest" (I never saw it until last year!) and another favorite she is in is "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming". But, why do they wait a year to show this interview?

I love NORTH BY NORTHWEST. It is among my top 5 favorite Hitchcock films, and it contains my all-time favorite Bernard Herrmann score. I once spent an incredibly lovely evening in the presence of Eva Marie Saint, in 1985. My wife was appearing in a show that was nominated for several Helen Hayes Awards (theatrical award given for theater in Washington, D.C.). While walking through the dark and dingy parking lot of the rear entrance to the venue, I happened upon Helen Hayes looking lost as to where to go. This was a cabaret-style show, the theater was in a hotel. I helped her, and after some conversation where I explained my wife was in it, etc., she insisted I join her at her table, which I did. Imagine my great and happy surprise, when we were joined by Vincent Price, Anne Jackson, Eli Wallach and Eva Marie Saint! All of them were so gracious and so not about them. They asked me a millions questions, and we chatted and drank and enjoyed the show. They effused over the talent in the show, and made me promise to stay in touch. Eli Wallach went as far as giving me his phone number. Of course, I never did keep in touch with any of them, but it was a memorable evening, that gave me great respect for all of them. By the way, I always felt that EMS is the coolest of the cool Hitchcock blondes.

me too

she seemed so sweet and loved the way she spoke of her hubby

at the end when they both stood up I was surprised at how tall Robert Osborne was in comparison to EMS

I wish more surviving actors would do interviews like this

Guest johnm_001

I had to register as a new member, because I've been using an old email account to sign-on, for years.  There was no way for me to use my existing account, because of the activation email.

Anyway, I have a post in this thread about meeting Eva Marie Saint, yet it is attributed to sixtiesfilmfan.  Has anyone else seen another user's name on their post?

I loved the Eva Marie Saint interview.  She seemed down to earth and very sweet.  She definitely didn't have the pretention that some actors seem to have.

The story about her strapless bathing suit falling down on live television was hilarious.  I'm happy to see that she's still working and seems to be in great health. 

I'm also always a sucker for listening to actors reminisce about working with various personalities who, unfortunately, are no longer with us.  I always love to hear first hand impressions and usually an anecdote or two about working with someone.  Saint's stories about working with Marlon Brando, Cary Grant and Paul Newman were fun. 

I recorded "Raintree County" but haven't watched it yet.  While I enjoy Eva Marie Saint, I recorded it mainly to see how Montgomery Clift's appearance changed halfway through the film due to the horrific car accident that he was involved with. 

I caught a bit of this interview..will watch the recording later. She seems very down-to-earth and natural & I like how she put her family first. I admit I haven't seen many of her movies, but I love "North by Northwest" (I never saw it until last year!) and another favorite she is in is "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming". But, why do they wait a year to show this interview?

Since TCM rarely shows anything live from the Classic Film Festival, I suppose it makes more sense to save such an interview for the following spring. Thank goodness no one has died before his or her interview aired.

I had to register as a new member, because I've been using an old email account to sign-on, for years.  There was no way for me to use my existing account, because of the activation email.

Anyway, I have a post in this thread about meeting Eva Marie Saint, yet it is attributed to sixtiesfilmfan.  Has anyone else seen another user's name on their post?

JohhM,

This is a link to the announcement in the Message Board Announcement thread that gives directions for contacting the WebAdmin who can help you with your registration issues:

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/48434-registering-issues/

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a  PM.

This is a link to the announcement in the Message Board Announcement thread that gives directions for contacting the WebAdmin who can help you with your registration issues

Worked for me. What happened to Mongo?

Worked for me. What happened to Mongo?

Patfuls,

Mongo's original registration name was Bansi when he registered here back in 2002. Due to one of the upgrades back in 2006 or 2007, he no longer could log-in as Bansi. The then WebAdmin suggested he re-register. So, thus Mongo was born.

In the transition to the new boards, his old Bansi account seems to have turned up and that is the moniker on his posts.

Once he goes through the reregistration process, his Bansi and Mongo accounts will likely be merged and he will be back to having one screen name.

So far, it looks like he hasn't re-registered though I have been in touch with him to let him know the new boards are up and if he has any problems to contact me.

But, why do they wait a year to show this interview?

It's been the tradition to tape the interviews at the Festival and then premiere that interview just before the new festival begins.

In 2010, they taped Luis Rainer at the Festival and debuted her interview in January 2011 though the Festival was still months away.

The following year the interview was with Peter O'Toole and I believe that debuted on the channel in April just prior to the 2012 festival.

In 2012, the interview was Kim Novak and her interview debuted just prior to the 2013 festival.

Last year, it was Eva Marie Saint and her interview just debuted within a week and half of this year's festival.

This year's interview will be Alan Arkin.

Yes -- some of the faithful have not yet reappeared. Maybe we need roll call -- like in Caged. We need Hope Emerson to say, "Pile out you tramps, roll call!"

caged-04.jpg

Hey, I'm here. I admit, I'm a bit past my prime, but I'm tryin!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings