Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Trade ad for a film that was never produced (c. 1932):

I wonder if the enforcement of the Production code made the producers decide to not make this film.   This poster implies a movie that might be difficult to make under the code.

speedracer-I just d/l that-just gorgeous art!

I'll have it printed out professionally and just paste it onto a sheet magnet. I'll enjoy seeing it every day on the 'fridge more than a framed picture. I do this for all great finds on the 'net too small to frame.

3449349423_f763d4d7fd_z.jpg?zz=1

Watched Rio Bravo the other night and I really like it.  Ricky Nelson was really bad, just as he was in Ozzie and Harriet.  Almost makes me wonder if Oz put some money into the movie. Except for a few, his songs weren't that good either.

• 5 weeks later...

Kimble: I d/l all the vintage Chaneys you posted there....magnets for all my friends! Thank you!

I've only seen a few Colleen Moore films but she sure stands out! REALLY wish they were more available, as should be Jessie Matthews movies.

This is my all-time favorite movie poster, and I suppose it's something of a classic because it's been almost 30 years since the film's release on July 3, 1985. Time really flies when you're having fun!

220px-Back_to_the_Future.jpg

Cool poster for Calcutta.    This is a noir movie I would really like to see and the only remaining Ladd noir on my unseen noir bucket list.

Ladd and Bendix were a good noir team.

I saw the film some years ago. I wish it was half as good as the poster.

I saw the film some years ago. I wish it was half as good as the poster.

The book Film Noir, also mentions that the movie isn't close to the same level as some of the other Ladd noirs, like The Glass Key, Blue Dahlia or This Gun for Hire.     It says that Ladd was at his peak at this time with the young man crowd and therefore his character is overly macho.      But since I loved the teaming of Ladd and Russell in Salty O'Rourke (yea,  Russell gets to me!),  I still would like to see the film.