Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

76352ccc-bb7f-45f7-b801-4f2c19473296_zps

Is it me or is there something unnerving about those 4 heads floating above -but not looking at- a girl writhing around for no apparent reason?

I got the same unnerving vibe when I first saw the poster.   Gene looks like a million dollars and I love her hairstyle in the poster (sadly in the film she wore her hair 'up' and I didn't like it much).     

What is also interesting is who is the gal?   Yea,  of course it must be the one that was murdered but she didn't look close to that gal in this poster.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stand-In (1937) is a wacky comedy about an efficiency expert (Leslie Howard) who takes over an ailing Hollywood movie studio. Humphrey Bogart has a supporting role as a producer.

LfCdG2m.jpg

Stand-In was later reissued after Bogart became a superstar. I'd say the tagline is just a trifle misleading.

nsRgde2.jpg

Poor dead Leslie Howard doesn't even rate a mention.

I don't know how many Hollywood producers carried guns to the studio. Perhaps they came in handy when negotiating with certain stars.

• Like 2

Stand-In (1937) is a wacky comedy about an efficiency expert (Leslie Howard) who takes over an ailing Hollywood movie studio. Humphrey Bogart has a supporting role as a producer.

Stand-In was later reissued after Bogart became a superstar. I'd say the tagline is just a trifle misleading.

Poor dead Leslie Howard doesn't even rate a mention.

I don't know how many Hollywood producers carried guns to the studio. Perhaps they came in handy when negotiating with certain stars.

Thanks for posting these great poster.    I'm a fan of Stand-In (well Howard is my favorite actor and Bogie is #3),  but that poster for the re-release is rather strange.    I assume Howard had died by the time of this re-release so that could be one reason he was left off the poster but he is the star of the film.   Bogie is funny playing an artistic type walking around with a pet dog.     

• 2 weeks later...