Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RIP Marc Platt (1913-2014)

• 3 weeks later...

See the DV D, BALLETS RUSSES, an excellent docu. Mr Marc Platt was dancer for years and clips are shown in his brush with Hollywood. Things were getting dicy for ballet in the 40s and 50s and some of the regular dancers of the Ballet Russe took a look at Hollywood. It's amazing what these people can do. He is shown doing a number with Gene Kelly and I cringed a bit because Marc, though not intending to do so, seemed to be upstaging Mr Kelly in this routine. Not really though, Kelly can hold his own in what he does best, but to see Platt with these considerable skills do what movie dancers do in movies was a marvel to behold. You don't need to be nut about ballet to enjoy the above DVD. It's wonderfully done and it may spark an appreciation for ballet. The docu was made appox 10-15 years ago, maybe a little earlier, and most of the dancers had already died at the time I viewed it. I do remember that Marc Platt was still chugging along, I remember him being 96 years old at the time. Going back and browsing threads on back pages I ran across this thread and thought I recognized the name. And I was right. RIP, Marc Platt.