Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Stars of the Month

54 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

It will seem a little weird having 31 Days of Oscar in February next year with the 2021 ceremony not being held until April 25th.

Maybe TCM will delay its Oscar programming. If so, then we will finally see some February birthdays observed.

• Like 2

TCM  should  consider  having  its  Sunday night  time slot  become  Tribute  Night. Tribute Night  could  use  to  honor  stars  that  have not gotten  their due. The programmers  need  to  schedule  four films  of  the  star that  is  being  honored. I  know there is  quite  backlog  list of stars  that have  been  yet chosen. TCM  could honor four new stars per  month,  forty eight  stars per year(  two years time almost 100 stars). Another ideal of  mine  is , how about  having  the  genre  of  the  month.  For example  one month  could be  Film  Noir  month and next month is  Westerns. ( other genres  Action, Comedy, Romance, Sci-fi,  Horror, Foreign, Biographies, Silent, etc).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cinemaman said:

TCM  should  consider  having  its  Sunday night  time slot  become  Tribute  Night. Tribute Night  could  use  to  honor  stars  that  have not gotten  their due. The programmers  need  to  schedule  four films  of  the  star that  is  being  honored. I  know there is  quite  backlog  list of stars  that have  been  yet chosen. TCM  could honor four new stars per  month,  forty eight  stars per year(  two years time almost 100 stars). Another ideal of  mine  is , how about  having  the  genre  of  the  month.  For example  one month  could be  Film  Noir  month and next month is  Westerns. ( other genres  Action, Comedy, Romance, Sci-fi,  Horror, Foreign, Biographies, Silent, etc).

I assume by "that have been yet chosen" you mean for either Star of the Month or Summer Under the Stars.

Ok,  TCM could do that,  but my gut tells me that such a tribute would only lead to more complaining unless it was only focused on character actors \ supporting actors.

E.g. if Joan Bennett,  Brando,   or some of the other stars that have yet to be featured as SOTM,  only got one night of 4 films there fans would complain that such a tribute was more of an insult to that actor's legacy.     Based on my experience at this forum for other 10 years,  with this topic (why no tribute,  or why not a good-enough one)  there is no way for TCM to create a win-win.