Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swithin

New boards

I seem to have got in, after a few kinks. But I can't seem to respond to previously existing threads, guess that's part of the deal?

I hate to quibble about this, but my total post count experienced a reduction of over a 100.

What's an "advanced member"?

The font features are definitely nice and are almost like a word processor in choices and capability.

The grey font for the thread titles on the General Discussions page looks lame. It needs a color and font that stands out more.

BTW, you insert an image like below using the "image" icon. You don't have to use the exclamation marks.

speakthelma.gif

I hate to quibble about this, but my total post count experienced a reduction of over a 100.

What's an "advanced member"?

BTW, you insrt an image like below using the "image" icon. You don't have to use the exclamation marks.

I think that the new boards are excellent BTW. It is going to take some time to learn again how to navigate these new boards but I think the admins and the technical folks at TCM have done a wonderful job. As far as advanced member is concerned, maybe those are people who were here before the switch over and therefore are posters who were grandfathered in?

As far as number of posts are concerned, yes mine dropped as well, maybe as many as 30 I think. But maybe those posts were in threads that were not carried over to the new boards.

• Like 1

I seem to have got in, after a few kinks. But I can't seem to respond to previously existing threads, guess that's part of the deal?

Yes, I had a few kinks too.  At first I thought I was going to have to re-register with a new screen name.

You don't have to accept the designation of "Advanced Member" - you can change it to anything you want. Someone might want to be designated "an old fool" and they can have that shown instead by making the change using profile tools.

I'm not sure why the term "members" is shown - unless it's to differentiate from "guests".

This is a test. Facebook, Facebook, Facebook.

tumblr, tumblr, tumblr.

I found that the name of the very popular social media platform that houses the VWRS is a curse word on the new boards. Now I'm testing to see if the site housing virginiaweidler.net is as well.

Yes, I lost 150 posts myself.  Now I am under 10,000 again.  Guess I get to have another party when I re-reach 10 grand. LOL

• Like 1

darkblue, I tried responding to several threads; got a message saying "Sorry you don't have permission to do that."  

Yes -- the subject lines of the threads should be in boldface type.

I had one hell of a time getting in here.  It looks odd now, and might take some time fetting used to.  Bold seems to work for me now, as does italic.  :ph34r::blink::wub::angry:  cute new emoticons.

But, not sure the posts come up in the same order I used to use.  Have to do some more exploring.

epiatone

UH-oh....

Autocensor bleeped the word H E L L!  We used to be able to use THAT one with no trouble!

Sepiatone

Wow, these new boards are really nice. It looks like some threads still need to be migrated over and there are probably some unforeseen problems under the hood that popped up but TCMWeb is probably working on those.

I think Advanced Member is either based on post counts (a certain number to qualify as an advanced member) or everyone who was a member before the migration.

Do like the new easier buttons for posting images:

tcm-gangster-icon-769595.jpeg

Thelma's right, no exclamation points needed, there is a handy image icon you use!

Wonder if there is one for videos?

• Like 1

Wonder what's going on with the time stamp.

You have to go into your settings and change it. We're all set to GMT at the start.

Yes, I just tried to post to the TCM Canada thread but got the thread is locked message.

Just wanted to update it with the TCM schedule substitutions for Canadians.

Tonight, for example, TCM Canadians get "Behave Yourself":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behave_Yourself!

instead of "Ruby Gentry" at 8:00 p.m.

Anyway, guess I have to start a new thread...

Oh well...

Thanks, ginnyfan.

Can you tell me how you managed to get my post to show as a quote in your message? I've tried to do it by clicking on "quote" but it hasn't worked for me.

Thanks, ginnyfan.

Can you tell me how you managed to get my post to show as a quote in your message? I've tried to do it by clicking on "quote" but it hasn't worked for me.

That how I did it. Oddly, it then put my reply at the bottom of the page until I refreshed the page.

You are clicking the quote block on the message you want to quote, right?

Thanks, ginnyfan.

The word *quote* is used instead of *reply*  Haven't figured out *miniquote* yet.

This is going to be getting some use to.  :|

TCM should be congratulated for what they have been able to accomplishe in a few days. I am sure that they have been working on this update/refresh of the message boards for some time and it definitely shows!

As I indicated before, it will take awhile to learn how to navigate again and to use all of the wonderful tools they have included. Hopefully some of the old members who departed will come back and start posting again. Since the troubles they encounter have hopefully been eliminated they will see that posting here again will be a pleasure.

I really like the new profile editing feature. Now for once you can place information in there you woul dlike to share with others. Of course I am sure there are just as many posters who will continue not to want to add any personal information including being able to add an avatar. That one feature alone is worth the price of re-admission here.

Overall, and I have not yet explored everything, I think we need to actively say to all those concerned with these new message boards a BIG THANK YOU for a job well done! :) :P :)

RM,

Not sure where that designation came from. I've sent a message to try to find out!

Can you tell me how you managed to get my post to show as a quote in your message?

Darkblue,

I cut and pasted your remark and then used the quote button in the reply window.

RM,

Not sure where that designation came from. I've sent a message to try to find out!

Darkblue,

I cut and pasted your remark and then used the quote button in the reply window.

TCM should be congratulated for what they have been able to accomplishe in a few days. I am sure that they have been working on this update/refresh of the message boards for some time and it definitely shows!

As I indicated before, it will take awhile to learn how to navigate again and to use all of the wonderful tools they have included. Hopefully some of the old members who departed will come back and start posting again. Since the troubles they encounter have hopefully been eliminated they will see that posting here again will be a pleasure.

I really like the new profile editing feature. Now for once you can place information in there you woul dlike to share with others. Of course I am sure there are just as many posters who will continue not to want to add any personal information including being able to add an avatar. That one feature alone is worth the price of re-admission here.

Overall, and I have not yet explored everything, I think we need to actively say to all those concerned with these new message boards a BIG THANK YOU for a job well done! :) :P :)

Thanks, ginnyfan.

Test of multiquote.

I tried to change my settings to reverse the order in which the posts are listed in the threads.  I used to have it set as it is in the other forums I belong to.  The OP would be the first post you'd see on the page.  The most recent post would be the last.  I can't seem to get it set like that now.

Sepiatone

Oh, OK...seems to be set now.

As Emily Litella would say....Never mind....

Sepiatone