Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

And where are Hibi and mongo?  :(

Mongo has been busy with other things but he wanted everyone to know that he is just running a little late to the party.

I thought hibi had made the migration and was already posting here?

Mongo has been busy with other things but he wanted everyone to know that he is just running a little late to the party.

Oh, that's right - she may have posted once or twice.  Anyway, I'm glad mongo is still planning on showing up to the party.  He's certainly missed. :)

I cannot do PMs. I have not been in contact with Dargo or Arturo, but I suspect that there is something amiss.

I cannot do PMs. I have not been in contact with Dargo or Arturo, but I suspect that there is something amiss.

finance,

Can you access the instant messaging function? If so, you should contact TCMModerator1 about the issues you are having with Private Messages.

If anyone has contact info for either Arturo or finance, please PM me.

finance,

Can you access the instant messaging function? If so, you should contact TCMModerator1 about the issues you are having with Private Messages.

If anyone has contact info for either Arturo or Dargo, please PM me.

You mean Arturo or DARGO. I am very much here.

You mean Arturo or DARGO. I am very much here.

I amended my post, sorry for the confusion.

You say you can't use your PM box but can you receive or send personal conversations?

You say you can't use your PM box but can you receive or send personal conversations?

Here they are, Morris. Andy and Edie:

edie-sedgwick-and-andy-warhol.jpg

I suppose she was better looking than Edith Head.There's a so-so movie about her, "Factory Girl" I think it's called (nothing to do with the Stones' song.)

Not to be a lookist, but saying someone was better looking than Edith Head

isn't much of a recommendation. I've read a little bit about Edie over the years.

I think she was likely a well-off suburbanite doing a bit of slumming when she

first started hanging around with Warhol, and then things went downhill and

ended badly.

I know that Lou put some of the superstars' names into Walk on the Wild Side,

but I can't remember if Edie was among them. He may have mentioned her in

other songs, even if not under her name. I'm pretty sure he never wrote a song

about Edith Head, but you can never be sure about these things.

I received a couple "private messages". I tried to respond in the manner indicated, but received a message saying something like that I do not have the capability to respond.

Hey, at the top left of this forum, you can click on MEMBERS then do a search for their names, then see if they have posted any recent posts.

If you think they have added a 1 or 2 to the end of their names, just type in the first few letters of their names and do a search for that.

:)

I received a couple "private messages". I tried to respond in the manner indicated, but received a message saying something like that I do not have the capability to respond.

OK, I tried again to respond to a PM via the link, and this time it worked. Apparently I have been granted clemency.

He is absolutely necessary to our community.

I agree! I actually thought he might have returned, in another guise, but the poster I suspected isn't nearly as witty and creative. Also since Dargo once returned as Dargo2, one can tell that he values his legacy -- as we do!

I have a question  for the moderators about the new set-up and private messaging.

Every single time I get a private message, I get the same message in my email. Now at first this was somewhat reassuring, because more than half the time I was unable to access the boards, so at least I was hearing from TCMmessageboardland one way or another.

But (touch wood, cross fingers)  it seems the problem of my getting in to this site has more or less been fixed. Therefore the repetition of the private messages coming through in my emails has become a bit of an annoyance.

Is there a way to set the private message page so that it enables pms to be sent and received, but just on this site, not being duplicated in my email?

I asked this openly on the boards, instead of just pm-ing a moderator about it, because I imagine I'm not the only one experiencing this ( in fact, I know I'm not.)

Also...this way I won't be getting a second copy of the moderator's reply in my email !

This may be it

Click EdithsHead at the top of the screen

Select My Settings

Select Notification Options (on the left side)

Right side of screen should now show columns - one is email notification - click the check-mark to remove

Izcutter-------Substantial contributors to these boards, such as Tom JH, Dargo, and Arturo still apparently have not been able to re-register. A few people who play "games &Trivia" are also missing. Isn't there some way the administrator can E-mail them, find out their problems, and solve them?

Izcutter-------Substantial contributors to these boards, such as Tom JH, Dargo, and Arturo still apparently have not been able to re-register. A few people who play "games &Trivia" are also missing. Isn't there some way the administrator can E-mail them, find out their problems, and solve them?

Oh! The TCM Film Festival is in progress, and Izcutter is obviously there, and occupied.. So any assistance she might be able to offer in getting members back on these boards will have to wait until the Festival is over.

I can understand your frustration here about the other "old-time" posters who have yet to come here. They may have already re-registered and are posting under different usernames now. If that IS the case we will never know unless they decide to tell us.

I believe you are right about lzcutter. She may be at the festival this weekend along with several thousand other film fans. Maybe the three you referenced are also at the festival? Who knows.

As I referenced on another thread this morning, lets assume that these three have visited here and are not happy or satisfied with how the new boards are set up or are having problems re-registering. I posted the following screen capture on that other thread as well. The moderators/admins told us on another thread to contact them directly if anyone was having any issues with the boards or with re-registering. Here is the screen capture:

2znnwwm.png

If you would like to message this member directly be sure to click on the "Message this Member" button on the top row of the info box.

Good luck!

I can understand your frustration here about the other "old-time" posters who have yet to come here. They may have already re-registered and are posting under different usernames now. If that IS the case we will never know unless they decide to tell us.

I believe you are right about lzcutter. She may be at the festival this weekend along with several thousand other film fans. Maybe the three you referenced are also at the festival? Who knows.

As I referenced on another thread this morning, lets assume that these three have visited here and are not happy or satisfied with how the new boards are set up or are having problems re-registering. I posted the following screen capture on that other thread as well. The moderators/admins told us on another thread to contact them directly if anyone was having any issues with the boards or with re-registering. Here is the screen capture:

2znnwwm.png

If you would like to message this member directly be sure to click on the "Message this Member" button on the top row of the info box.

Good luck!

If Dargo by some chance is at the Film Festival, that would REALLY be a situation of a bull in a china shop.

• Like 1

The last few days I have been attending the TCM Film Festival here in the City of Angels and have had no extra time to do any posting here. The Fest ends this evening.

I appreciate Kid Dabb and others who are posting useful information on the new board features.

I will be back on the boards tomorrow to help answer any questions and help with anyone having problems.

Thanks again for the help while I've been at the movies and see you tomorrow!

• Like 1

I agree! I actually thought he might have returned, in another guise, but the poster I suspected isn't nearly as witty and creative. Also since Dargo once returned as Dargo2, one can tell that he values his legacy -- as we do!

"Witty and CREATIVE"???!!! My, but you people sure hold a very low bar for people to jump over around here, doncha!!!  ;)

(...thanks all...it's great to be back here...and now where was I before this here keyboard shocked me into that unconscious state???) 

• Like 2

"Witty and CREATIVE"???!!! My, but you people sure hold a very low bar for people to jump over around here, doncha!!!   ;)

(...thanks all...it's great to be back here...and now where was I before this here keyboard shocked me into that unconscious state???) 

Welcome back, Dargo!

I am sorry to say that I believe that you have overlooked an important matter. It should be possible to hook your keyboard to a motor-generator with a heavy flywheel. You may have to spin it by hand at the start of each session but a shock to the keyboard each time you display your personality will surely be sufficient to keep the motor turning and by that generate electricity for your home. I believe that you could by that reduce your electricity bill to nearly nil.

I am sorry to say that I believe that you have overlooked an important matter. It should be possible to hook your keyboard to a motor-generator with a heavy flywheel. You may have to spin it by hand at the start of each session but a shock to the keyboard each time you display your personality will surely be sufficient to keep the motor turning and by that generate electricity for your home. I believe that you could by that reduce your electricity bill to nearly nil.

:D

Ya know Sans my ol' friend, what with your chosen nom de plume around here and now this very interesting idea, I'll bet you think a lot about the concept of Perpetuity in your free time, doncha!  ;)

(...cheers, and nice to see you made the transition here, too!)