Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swithin

New boards

where is the "hot topics" forum?   This whole thing seems so user unfriendly.

It looks like the Hot Topics Forum has officially been retired. Many posters were confused by what constituted a Hot Topic vs General Discussion.

We have a new forum, TCM Programs, that contains threads to talk about the various TCM franchises like the Star of the Month, the Essentials, SUTs, and more.

BTW, the default font setting that I see most people using, produces light, greyish looking text that is also small. I've reset to Arial 18 point for greater legibility!

And I find 18-point Arial ridiculously oversized. Is there any chance you can set the font in your own browser so that the default for this forum shows up as something legible on your end, and not inflict a monstrosity on the rest of us? After all, that was the whole point of HTML in the first place.

Hi Fedya,

I first used 14 point- and some glitch was causing the font to output in two sizes. Changing to 18 created a uniform size. There is a lot of tweaking involved with this on both ends!

PS: I noticed an "attach files" feature this time. That's kind of interesting. It allows you to select a file from your computer. I didn't see it until now.

It looks like the Hot Topics Forum has officially been retired. 

So has George Brents rear end.  :lol:

• Like 1

:) Hooray! Something to talk about besides that last awful episode of HIMYM which has been bicected more than those poor frogs in high school biology class.  I kept hitting my forums command out of habit these past few days and wondered if Friday would ever get here then was out all day on medical business.  It took me an hour to get reregistered and to this point but this new setup looks great. 

I'll have the right channel on tomorrow night.  GO GATORS!

The embedded feature for you tube is great. However, it is much, much

slower to post than the old board.

Also, does anyone know how to simply post photos on this board?

JAKE, at the top of the blank posting box, with all the code stuff shown at the top, and under the smiley face and to the left is a little blue box symbol. Put your mouse cursor over that and it says IMAGE. Click on that and then post your image URL address.

2wnck01.jpg

Fred, is there a way to post photos that don't have URLs?

It looks like the Hot Topics Forum has officially been retired. Many posters were confused by what constituted a Hot Topic vs General Discussion.

We have a new forum, TCM Programs, that contains threads to talk about the various TCM franchises like the Star of the Month, the Essentials, SUTs, and more.

Well, I don't think everyone will be happy about it and the reason you give

doesn't make sense. Many enjoyed the favorite line for movies and other

threads.

Jake in the Heartland

Well, I don't think everyone will be happy about it and the reason you give

doesn't make sense. Many enjoyed the favorite line for movies and other

threads.

Jake in the Heartland

That was a good thread -- you can start one in General Discussions -- or in one of the other areas. Maybe in the "Your Favorites" section.

• Like 1

Swithin,

I think there is a way to pull up a photo from your computer files. I saw someone mention it earlier, but I haven't figured out yet how to do it. :)

• Like 1

JAKE, at the top of the blank posting box, with all the code stuff shown at the top, and under the smiley face and to the left is a little blue box symbol. Put your mouse cursor over that and it says IMAGE. Click on that and then post your image URL address.

2wnck01.jpg

Thank you Fred. You're an officer and a gentleman.

Jake in the Heartland

I stumbled upon a way to attach files, and this is a test. It's found by hitting the More Reply Options button, and the attach files feture shows up on the bottom.

Here's what I found out playing with this feature: you won't be permitted to attach Excel files, but can attach Word documents. I have attached a biography article I wrote on the life of Adolph Zukor, the founder of Paramount. (Originally published on an English website in Hungary)

Where this might be hepful is for those that want to create and display a table of information, or a graph. The table or chart can be created in Excel, copied into Word and attached here. It used to be very difficult to create tables in the old commenting system.

I'm not sure how useful this feature will be to most of us, but it's interesting to know it's there. Today we've been busy discovering how to use the features of the new website!

Adolph Zukor biography.doc

Adolph Zukor biography.doc

Test -- just attached a photo file from my computer.

post-12643-0-50637700-1396663105_thumb.jpg

post-12643-0-50637700-1396663105_thumb.jpg

Test

CLICK ON THE THUMBNAIL That came from my computer file of the image.

post-9473-0-03848200-1396663188_thumb.jpg

post-9473-0-03848200-1396663188_thumb.jpg

Guest patfuls

What exactly is an Advanced member? 

Somebody with more than 15 posts, I assume.

"Dancing On A Rainbow" from Stage Mother (1933) with Maureen O'Sullivan

This is my inaugural effort at an embedded video.

Day was dark and gray clouds filled the sky,

in my heart there only was a sigh,

you appeared and skies above were blue,

then the sun shone through,

now I'm dancing on a rainbow, each morning, noon and night,

I'm floatin' on a daydream, I'm higher than a kite,

my heart is all a-flutter, I heard you utter yes,

I want the world to know, all the folks below

I'm dancing on a rainbow,

a pocket full of sunshine, I'll gather for you soon

and later in the evening, I'll go and get the moon

Hi Fred! Are we having fun? The thumbnail feature is cool!

Hi Slayton- From what I can tell the threshold for a thread being officially declared "HOT"

appears to be around 20 responses, not views.

What I'm trying to find out is if we can display a found image on the internet here, without

having to save it to a hosting service like Photobucket. That would be nice, as it would save

an extra step! Let me know if anyone has luck with that.

"Dancing On A Rainbow" from Stage Mother (1933) with Maureen O'Sullivan

This is my inaugural effort at an embedded video.

Day was dark and gray clouds filled the sky,

in my heart there only was a sigh,

you appeared and skies above were blue,

then the sun shone through,

now I'm dancing on a rainbow, each morning, noon and night,

I'm floatin' on a daydream, I'm higher than a kite,

my heart is all a-flutter, I heard you utter yes,

I want the world to know, all the folks below

I'm dancing on a rainbow,

a pocket full of sunshine, I'll gather for you soon

and later in the evening, I'll go and get the moon

Hi Fred! Are we having fun? The thumbnail feature is cool!

Hi Slayton- From what I can tell the threshold for a thread being officially declared "HOT"

appears to be around 20 responses, not views.

What I'm trying to find out is if we can display a found image on the internet here, without

having to save it to a hosting service like Photobucket. That would be nice, as it would save

an extra step! Let me know if anyone has luck with that.

This is what happens when you quote an image imbed, if that's what you call it.  Thelma, you probably know by now that you successfully posted your clip.  Now tell me how you did it.   I know you can upload files from a computer, including clips, but the limit is 3mb.  

I just saw what posted.  When I was in the post writing mode, the video clip showed up as an address bracketed by the term [media], front and back.  But it does not seem to be necessary to have that term,  just posting the address will embed the clip.

Oh, thanks for the info on 'Hot' threads, though their threshold for hot seems tepid.

Hi Slayton,

The embed of a video is done with the third icon on the top, just next to the Font,

called "Special BBCode". After that comes a drop down menu, choose "Media"

and paste the URL link.

I always Preview the post; for accessing that, I go to the "More Response Options"

button on the bottom. Good to check and see. good to see if it all worked out.

I also have started shortening the width of my displayed sentences. The system allows

us to have sentences with long horizontal display. Unfortunately, I have an older aspect

monitor and not one of those really wide screen ones!

I think some of us will be up all night playing with this new system!

PS: The "HOT" designation, once earned, does not go away! I was surprised to see

one of my old threads in Your Favorites, called "Money In the Old Movies" marked with

the HOT tag back on page 4! I haven't contributed to it in quite a while.

test:

Thank you Fred. You're an officer and a gentleman.

Jake in the Heartland

cresture-black-lagoon-ponder.jpg