Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm down about 500 posts. I think some of the threads didn't survive so that is why we are down.

That is exactly what has happened. Especially if you posted in the Essentials Fourm and in Hot Topics. Maybe not a bad thing. I think it was Top Billed who also said something yesterday or Friday about having lost posts that dropped him below 10,000 posts and now he'd have to scramble to get past 10,000 posts again. To me it has never been about the number of posts I have made, but rather the quality of posts.

Also many of the threads have had their views taken back to zero. So if a thread had at one time 100,000 views well that has changed as well.

Is it possible to personalize the type font?

This is what your browser settings are for.

I Like Times New Roman, 18 point. Can I set it as a default font?

Don't inflict it on the rest of us. As soon as I saw the setting for selecting font and size, I wondered how long it was going to be until people started to abuse it with multiple oversized fonts and make their posts a pain to read. I probably shouldn't say this, but wait until people discover there's a setting to select font color, too.

I think it was Top Billed who also said something yesterday or Friday about having lost posts that dropped him below 10,000 posts and now he'd have to scramble to get past 10,000 posts again. 

The only thing I am scrambling: some eggs for breakfast. LOL

This is what your browser settings are for.

You mean select a font on the Preferences for Safari (the browser I use)?  That doesn't work, as I already have Times selected and it doesn't show up here.

Don't inflict it on the rest of us. As soon as I saw the setting for selecting font and size, I wondered how long it was going to be until people started to abuse it with multiple oversized fonts and make their posts a pain to read. I probably shouldn't say this, but wait until people discover there's a setting to select font color, too.

It is my understanding, and personal experience, that serif fonts are easier to read than sans serif fonts.  They are so for me.  I find it visually tiring to make it through large posts in this and similar fonts, which I consider depleted.  

And you might as well not hold your breath about color, people have already discovered that option, which, if you didn't know, was an option before the Great Rebuild.

That is exactly what has happened. Especially if you posted in the Essentials Fourm and in Hot Topics. Maybe not a bad thing. I think it was Top Billed who also said something yesterday or Friday about having lost posts that dropped him below 10,000 posts and now he'd have to scramble to get past 10,000 posts again. To me it has never been about the number of posts I have made, but rather the quality of posts.

Also many of the threads have had their views taken back to zero. So if a thread had at one time 100,000 views well that has changed as well.

In the Essentials forum, I must have had 50 or so anti-Drew posts, all of which were lost. In HOT TOPICS, I lost at least 100 posts in the "George Brent's Rear end" thread. Others, such as hibi, lost more.

I don't understand why everyone is so concerned about a drop in their total number of posts. I never look at my post count, because I'm actually embarrassed that I have so many.

Total post count does not signify very much to me. It does not indicate any sort of "status", except for the fact that someone with a high post count participates here a lot. Fine, that's nice, but just the number of posts is no indication of the quality of their posts.

This is not to say that those with a high post count are lacking in quality - or, I mean, their posts. It's just that having a lot of posts in itself does not mean much one way or the other -except, as I said, that they've spent a lot of time here.

In fact, I would, as I said, love to shed my misswonderly identity and start here all over again as someone new, with a refreshingly low post count of zero. :mellow: 

(Don't worry, I'd still call people "baby".)

I don't understand why everyone is so concerned about a drop in their total number of posts. I never look at my post count, because I'm actually embarrassed that I have so many.

Total post count does not signify very much to me. It does not indicate any sort of "status", except for the fact that someone with a high post count participates here a lot. Fine, that's nice, but just the number of posts is no indication of the quality of their posts.

This is not to say that those with a high post count are lacking in quality - or, I mean, their posts. It's just that having a lot of posts in itself does not mean much one way or the other -except, as I said, that they've spent a lot of time here.

In fact, I would, as I said, love to shed my misswonderly identity and start here all over again as someone new, with a refreshingly low post count of zero. :mellow: 

(Don't worry, I'd still call people "baby".)

That's easy for you to say. I was promised a dinner with Ben at Musso & Frank's when I hit my 50,000th post.

That's easy for you to say. I was promised a dinner with Ben at Musso & Frank's when I hit my 50,000th post.

finance, if you click on the 'Members' tab at the top of the screen, and filter by "post count", your name is at the top of the list with the most posts, so you're still the champ. ;)

You mean select a font on the Preferences for Safari (the browser I use)?  That doesn't work, as I already have Times selected and it doesn't show up here.

Opera, before they threw in their lot with the Chrome rendering engine, had a wonderful feature where you could select a CSS file to use for viewing websites, either a default file or site-specific. I didn't like the black-on-yellow text of the old boards here, so I selected a "high-contrast" stylesheet that made everything white text on a black background. (Personlly, I really prefer battleship gray backgrounds on the web.)

It is my understanding, and personal experience, that serif fonts are easier to read than sans serif fonts.  They are so for me.  I find it visually tiring to make it through large posts in this and similar fonts, which I consider depleted.

I thought Microsoft (yes, I know you're using Safari) expressly designed Trebuchet to be easier to read on the web, as opposed to printed documents. I personally find Times New Roman more difficult to read on screen than a lot of sans-serif fonts.

Oh ! Really ? In that case, I'd better get cracking here. I have over 42,500 posts to go.

Here's a tip - just find a thread in Hot Topics (they are all hidden, but easy to find) and post to it incessantly. Post 42,500 times in a hidden thread and people will be amazed at how fast you racked up posts - magically. (It works, but I have no interest in piling up posts.)

RED DUST is on tonight! 10 PM Eastern Time  :)

FRED:   What do you think about Red Dust?    To me this is a classic 30's film;   Great entertainment and a lot of fun to see but there are major plot holes and the ending is just flat out silly (especially for a pre-code film).     Astor's character appears to be in love with her husband.  i.e. we don't see any issues with their relationship,  but one kiss from Gable and Astor is willing to give her marriage up.  Granted Gable was good looking but that is still over the top.     Gable is a bad boy from the start so the ending where he becomes a saint is just silly.   Oh, and he can't stand the Harlow character (she is only good for one thing in his mind),  so the ending is just too forced.

BUT all that being said;  I highly recommend this movie!    It is a must see anyways because of it's sheer entertainment value.  

RED DUST is on tonight! 10 PM Eastern Time  :)

FRED:   What do you think about Red Dust?    To me this is a classic 30's film;   Great entertainment and a lot of fun to see but there are major plot holes and the ending is just flat out silly (especially for a pre-code film).     Astor's character appears to be in love with her husband.  i.e. we don't see any issues with their relationship,  but one kiss from Gable and Astor is willing to give her marriage up.  Granted Gable was good looking but that is still over the top.     Gable is a bad boy from the start so the ending where he becomes a saint is just silly.   Oh, and he can't stand the Harlow character (she is only good for one thing in his mind),  so the ending is just too forced.

BUT all that being said;  I highly recommend this movie!    It is a must see anyways because of it's sheer entertainment value.  

I think it all has to do with Mary’s conservative proper upbringing and her sexual inexperience with men.

She loves her nice conservative husband, but Gable turns her on in a sexual way that she has never experienced with her husband. So, she lusts after Gable for sex but feels bad about betraying her husband and she feels guilty about her lusting. Also, she is shy and afraid, not knowing what to do, and probably feeling morally bad because of her lusting for Gable. Gable just wants a new conquest, especially with an inexperienced young woman. He later feels guilty about tricking Mary and decides not to do it with her.

He later feels guilty about tricking Mary and decides not to do it with her.

What?   I believe they 'do it' many times when Gable sends Mary's husband out for 3 weeks in the jungle.   They didn't just hold hands!  (Gable wasn't the holding hands type).   

What I find phony is that Gable falls in love with Mary so quickly.   What would have been more realistic would be for Gable to only care about 'doing it' with Mary instead of falling in love.    So him falling deep in love but then sending her aways is just too over the top.     One doens't develop a deep sense of honor in a manner of weeks. 

If anyone is confused about what happened to their PM box:

At the top of the page, to the left of your moniker are two icons.

post-8025-0-30729800-1396814651_thumb.jpg

The farthest to the left is an open envelope- that is your PM box. Unfortunately, in the migration, everyone's old PMs were not able to be migrated over.

The other icon is the Notification center where you can access Instant Message sent to you (and reply to them) and see your PM box.

Each icon will have a red box with a number on it when you receive a PM or Instant Message.

The old Watch this Forum/Thread has been replaced with boxes on the forum page that says "Follow this Forum" and in each thread is one that says "Follow this Topic". Clicking on those will allow you to follow an entire forum or individual threads.

post-8025-0-81001100-1396814932_thumb.jpg

I apologize for the small images but if you click on them, they become larger.

post-8025-0-30729800-1396814651_thumb.jpg

post-8025-0-81001100-1396814932_thumb.jpg

I'll have the right channel on tomorrow night. GO GATORS!

The night I get to watch, we lose.  At least we got further along than in the last few tournaments. I'm now rooting for fellow SEC team Kentucky.  We're like a family; we can bang up on each other but nobody else had better try.  GO WILDCATS! 

I'll have the right channel on tomorrow night. GO GATORS!

The night I get to watch, we lose.  At least we got further along than in the last few tournaments. I'm now rooting for fellow SEC team Kentucky.  We're like a family; we can bang up on each other but nobody else had better try.  GO WILDCATS! 

I have had it with basketball this season.  I don't care who wins the game as I don't like either team.  IT"S BASEBALL SEASON NOW!!!!!  GO COLORADO ROCKIES!!!  Anybody but the dratted Yankees and hated Dodgers. 

SansFin, did you say you have as yet to learn how to bed someone? I didn't realize that was part of the new format here.

This new TCM site really is different !

Hee hee. I liked your quote...LOL

I kind of like the "like" feature--sometimes you think what someone said was good, but you can't think of anything clever to say about it, besides, "You are so right." or "Yeah, what she said." So..."Like."

• Like 1

What I'm trying to find out is if we can display a found image on the internet here, without

having to save it to a hosting service like Photobucket. That would be nice, as it would save

an extra step! Let me know if anyone has luck with that.

File:Katharine_Hepburn_promo_pic.jpg

Tried it. As you can see, either I did it wrong, or it doesn't work...

I kind of like the "like" feature--sometimes you think what someone said was good, but you can't think of anything clever to say about it, besides, "You are so right." or "Yeah, what she said." So..."Like."

I clicked on the LIKE button for your post, but all I see now is "You Like This". Isn't my screen name suppose to be there too?

I clicked on the LIKE button for your post, but all I see now is "You Like This". Isn't my screen name suppose to be there too?

I had the same thing happen when I "liked" someone's post.  But if you aren't logged in and you look at the same post, it will say your screen name (probably everyone else always sees your screen name).