Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Charlton Heston movies on tonight!!!!!!!

MovieMadness

They have shown Soylent Green a few times recently, but The Agony and the Ecstasy I will see.

drama
Ruby Gentry (1952)
suspense

They have shown Soylent Green a few times recently, but The Agony and the Ecstasy I will see.

drama
Ruby Gentry (1952)
suspense

I sat down last night, looking to see RUBY GENTRY for the first time. My interest lasted about ten minutes.

I sat down last night, looking to see RUBY GENTRY for the first time. My interest lasted about ten minutes.

I watched the last half or so of Ruby Gentry since the wife and I were making dinner and there wasn't anything else on.    Yea,  way over the top.    Also,   since the title of the movie was Ruby Gentry,  didn't this tell the audience from the start that Ruby would end up marrying Karl Malden instead of Heston.     Yea,  with a plot like this one giving it away from the start doesn't have much impact!

The Agony and the Ecstasy is a great film. Skyjacked is rather good too.

I recorded SKYJACKED and will watch it later today.  I couldn't tell if it was a feature film, or a TV movie that was marketed as a feature film after the fact.  I read a review on it where someone complained about the pilot (Heston) smoking in the cockpit.  Don't think they do that nowadays!

Skyjacked was a feature film, but MGM had a budgetary cap on all the films they did at that time, and MGM's top executive at the time was from the world of TV.

That would be the "Smiling Cobra" himself, James Aubrey, Jr.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings