Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Friday Night Spotlight July 2014: World War I Films

Guest obrienmundy

Guest obrienmundy

I must thank TCM for putting up a great schedule of World War I films on Friday nights in July. I admire the fact that it is a very respectful tribute.

I have to agree...I think it is very comprehensive-- though I can see where someone who does not enjoy war films may be put off by the fact these are 24-hours blocks, instead of just Friday evenings.   

• 2 months later...

In observance of the centenary of World War I, which lasted from July 1914 to November 1918, TCM devotes its popular Friday Night Spotlight franchise to films about this conflict. Primetime films in the Spotlight are hosted by retired U.S. Army General Wesley Clark, a veteran of 34 years in the Army and the Department of Defense. A winner of the Silver Star for his service in Vietnam, Clark later commanded Operation Allied Force in the Kosovo War during his term as the Supreme Allied Commander and Commander in Chief of the U.S. European Command.

General_Wesley_Clark_official_photograph

• 2 weeks later...

Wesley Clark was a very bland host I truly doubt if he has ever viewed many of the pictures he introduced."King & Country" was a powerful and deeply moving WW1 film. Better than "Paths of Glory"